FIRST TIME: going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica 2013

AllAboutALEX

Okay I have read numerous reviews and looked up a ton of excursions.

I really want to do/see the follow:

White river tubing

Blue Hole

Dunn Falls

Bobsled

Is there an excursion that does just those four?

I see a bunch of excursion but they have stuff I dont care to do like zipline or go on the sky explorer. :confused:

I could combine different tours, but that might get me stressed with timing.

Whew! That's a lot to get into one port of call. You may be able to combine a morning shore excursion and an afternoon shore excursion, which would get in two of the things on your wish list. I can't imagine that you could get in all four activities in one stop. Maybe go back and pick up two on a future cruise?

By the way...I highly recommend Cool Runnings Catamaran for your trip to Dunn's River Falls. It's one of the best excursions I've ever been on! Good luck with your dilemma.

We did Dunns a few years back with Peat Taylor tours. After that, half of our tour did the river tubing(we wanted to eat and shop). So you can at least do two. I believe Peat Taylor offers the Blue Hole too but I am not sure if you can do all three and not run out of time.

Give you an excuse to go back! :)

we used Know Jamaica/Marva Shaw.

With the tour we picked, we had a sightseeing of "fern gully" and town, river tubing (it was great-but a float, not white water rapid) Dunns River Falls and short beach time. I'm sure it could be customized a bit.

As far as the bobsled (boring) I'd skip that one if i had to eliminate something...although, the ski lift up mystic mountain was great!!! and i believe it's the only way up the mountain to the bobsled. I could be wrong, but i don't recall any other way up there. it was my favorite part of the tranopy excursion we did. it was a very relaxing peaceful ride, with some amazing views!

That's a lot to try to get in to one port in one short visit.

I'd certainly do Dunn's River Falls as that cannot be done anywhere else, we really enjoyed the tube float. Those would be the two thing's I'd make sure I did not miss.

If/when we return back to Ocho Rios, i would certainly book with Marva again, and do the same tour, eliminating the city tour since now I have seen it.

Archived