comfort suites nassau discounts?

sunsetme

When I put in a reservation for 4 Adults the price comes up $224.00. When I put in for 2 adults and 2 children, the price is $164.00!! :( What should we do?

Has anyone ever done a reservation for 4 adults and gotten the cheaper price?

I went to the Smartliving site and got a rate of $224.00 for 4 adults per room. It also said 12% taxes not included in the rate. So now we are at $250.88 for the room. Does anyone know what and how much the fees will be? Or is that included in the taxes? Thanks. :confused:

I can't remember. I think it says right there in the terms if you read the whole thing. I managed to miss it at first, too. I think it was $6 person for the cleaning fee and another $6 person for the energy fee.....?? That was a weird one. But these fees only applied to people over a certain age. Maybe 14 or something - I can't remember that either. It really adds up. I figured out that at $164 for the 3 of us the room total really ends up at about $200. But still, that's cheaper than the ship bought Atlantis excursion that doesn't include half the fun.

Look at it this way, your total per person is still cheaper than my rate. You get the extra adult for "only" $50. :)

Do you have to book the room for 4 people in order to get four bracelets?

Yes, would be a very good guess. I doubt they'd give out 4 bracelets if they aren't collecting payment for 4 people. The price is different depending on how many adults are in the room. And the cleaning and energy surcharge are also dependant on how many are in the room. Maybe you'd be lucky and get 4 bracelets without reserving a room for 4. But I sure wouldn't count on it.

I just spoke with someone the other day and they told me, when they went in June, the line for the slides was 40-45 min long!!! Holy cow :eek:!!! I will be in Nassau on March 4, 2006 from 1:00 - 8:00pm. Has anyone else experienced long lines for the slides? Also, what some don't miss things at Atlantis? I'm on a short schedule.

Thanks for all the insight eveyone :D .

I just spoke with someone the other day and they told me, when they went in June, the line for the slides was 40-45 min long!!! Holy cow :eek:!!! I will be in Nassau on March 4, 2006 from 1:00 - 8:00pm. Has anyone else experienced long lines for the slides? Also, what some don't miss things at Atlantis? I'm on a short schedule.

Thanks for all the insight eveyone :D .

If you are going a Spring Break Week, you can guarantee long lines at the slides. Spring Break usually begins with Presidents week in late February.

As for booking 2 adults and 2 children when you have 4 adults arriving at the hotel. It doesn't matter what you booked for.. when they see 4 adults.. you will be BILLED for 4 adults. Period.

Besides the 12% hotel tax, there is an Energy Surcharge: 4.00/night/person (charged to all persons 16 and older). Housekeeping Gratuity: 4.00/night/person (charged to all persons 12 and older). Children 16 and older charged as adults.

Comfort Suites will allow you to check in upon arrival, without your room being ready. If you are booking Atlantis, beware that you could experience long lines to check in. There are no special lines for cruise passengers. In high season, this could take an hour or so.

spacer.gif

I called Atlantis and they told me that the hotel is at 95-100% capacity year round, so it really doesn't matter when I am there. Just out of curiousity how long did you guys wait for the slides? Also, how long did it take to get to get from the cruise ship to Atlantis (taxi + check-in / check-out)?

Thanks again :D

OK. I just booked our reservation for two adults and got a rate of $164.00. I used the Significant Organization Savings rate. Do I have to show anything for this "significant org. savings rate"? what does it mean?

I called Atlantis and they told me that the hotel is at 95-100% capacity year round, so it really doesn't matter when I am there. Just out of curiousity how long did you guys wait for the slides? Also, how long did it take to get to get from the cruise ship to Atlantis (taxi + check-in / check-out)?

Thanks again :D

Yes, Atlantis runs 95-100% of capacity year round, but "capacity" changes.

In shoulder seasons, all hotels, including Atlantis close sections for maintenance. Sometimes it's a significant # of rooms, which affect the number of guests. Also, depending on season, you may have a ton of adults or young adults using the big slides, while others, you'll have more young families using the lazy river and kiddie slides.

I have known many people who have spent only 2-3 minutes on line off season as opposed to an hour or so.

I must add, shoulder season also rotate the restaurant openings - so some restaurants may not be available a day or two each week.

Thanks Scubagirrl, you have been most informative.

One more question. I just booked a room for March 11, 2006. I will be in port from 1:00 pm - 8:00pm. Any advice on how I should plan out my day at Atlantis?

If I were to book a room at comfort suites paradise island is there anyway to obtain more than 4 bracelets for one room?

The prices that eveyone is talking about $152, $172, etc. is the Energy Surcharge: 4.00/night/person (charged to all persons 16 and older) and Housekeeping Gratuity: 4.00/night/person (charged to all persons 12 and older) additional to these totals?

Thanks!

If I were to book a room at comfort suites paradise island is there anyway to obtain more than 4 bracelets for one room?

The prices that eveyone is talking about $152, $172, etc. is the Energy Surcharge: 4.00/night/person (charged to all persons 16 and older) and Housekeeping Gratuity: 4.00/night/person (charged to all persons 12 and older) additional to these totals?

Thanks!

You can only get a max of 4 wristbands per room even if you have 6ppl. Then you must book 2 rooms. If you only have 2 ppl you will only get 2 wristbands.

Dyanna

You can only get a max of 4 wristbands per room even if you have 6ppl. Then you must book 2 rooms. If you only have 2 ppl you will only get 2 wristbands.

Dyanna

Thanks Dyanna

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips about the Smarter Living link. Just booked a room in October. I'll be taking my 12-y.o. daughter on a cruise and she'll be thrilled with a day at the Atlantis Resort. I'm sure the $152 + will be well worth it for the day.

Archived