What clothes are appropriate for Spain & Italy during November?

HAYWIREDON

So glad I found this thread, thanks for the great advice so far. We are staying in Italy for about 7 weeks before catching the Noordam for a TA back to the States. I need some advice on packing for my husband. We will have 7 days at sea the end of October/early November. Should I bother packing shorts for the ship (I know now to pack them for Italy:)? What should I pack for strolling the ship on those days at sea? Does it get cool in the middle of the Atlantic that time of year?

When we came back last year - we had absolutely beautiful weather:) I couldn't believe it. Now that doesn't guarantee this year but I was kicking myself for not packing my bathing suit last year!:eek: I like casual long skirts and they worked fine. There can be a breeze at night and since there are never any guarantees probably some of the layer stuff you are thinking about for your trip will work fine for the ship:)

Sailed the Med in late November last year and the weather was sunny and beautiful around 70 degrees and sunny everyday on the east side of Italy. The outdoor pool was crowded during the last two sea days. On the west side of Italy it was approximately 10degrees cooler.

I have a few suggestions:

1. Check the weather underground website: www.wunderground.com

Enter the name of any port you are visiting, then scroll about 1/3 of the way down that city's page. Click on "view calendar." What comes up next is the current month's history, but you can find all kinds of historical info.

2. Get yourselves daybags from pacsafe. Check them out on their website, but you can buy from places like Amazon. These are an essential accessory for anyone travelling to the Med. It's a hotbed of pick-pockets & these bags have all kinds of security features.

3. Layers. We did Noordam's trans-Atlantic last fall (Oct-Nov 2011). Had gorgeous end of summer weather in Rome. The Italians were all dressed in full-out autumn gear - boots, jeans, turtlenecks, scarves, jackets. The Spaniards on the Costa del Sol, however, knew a good thing & were dressed more for the weather & not the calendar. :)

I'm also very short, so I wore a bright pink brimmed hat in crowded areas like St. Peter's square. Made it easier for the husband to find me. :D

42 days in Europe? I'm so envious!

bobpatj,

Thank you for your invitation to join your roll call.

Please explain how I may join your roll call. I need detailed instructions, please. I don't understand the process or terms thread, roll call, etc. I would appreciate it if you would walk me through the process. Thank you.

Archived