who is the female pilot owned tour operator?

FunShipCruiser05

I found something last night and it kills me i cant find it. I liked the website and now cant find it. guess i didnt bookmark it. bookmarked a bunch of others. the one im looking for is a tour operator that is female pilot owned and the one of the few female pilots in the business. anyone have a clue what it could be? i believe it was a flightseeing adventure, floatplane.. something to that effect. cant remember if it was skagway or juneau

I found something last night and it kills me i cant find it. I liked the website and now cant find it. guess i didnt bookmark it. bookmarked a bunch of others. the one im looking for is a tour operator that is female pilot owned and the one of the few female pilots in the business. anyone have a clue what it could be? i believe it was a flightseeing adventure, floatplane.. something to that effect. cant remember if it was skagway or juneau
Island Wings in Ketchikan is one. Owner is Michelle Masden. Absolutely fabulous tour by a fabulous pilot.

Island Wings in Ketchikan is one. Owner is Michelle Masden. Absolutely fabulous tour by a fabulous pilot.

there we go thanks so much! I was reading it last nite and was highly considering it then went thru like 5 others.. one is taquanair that im highly considering after seeing their videos. Im just debating between Island Wings and the Alaska Bush Pilot thing from taquan air. Just not sure what that alaska bush pilot tour thing is all about and may have to email them for info, if its a floatplane tour or something else involved. Sounds like looking at island wings website she takes great pride in her work and will be a great personal touch to an amazing vacation on learning about alaska. As well as many great reviews on here about them. But this taquan air thing seems like they offer a ton of adventure too.

there we go thanks so much! I was reading it last nite and was highly considering it then went thru like 5 others.. one is taquanair that im highly considering after seeing their videos. Im just debating between Island Wings and the Alaska Bush Pilot thing from taquan air. Just not sure what that alaska bush pilot tour thing is all about and may have to email them for info, if its a floatplane tour or something else involved. Sounds like looking at island wings website she takes great pride in her work and will be a great personal touch to an amazing vacation on learning about alaska. As well as many great reviews on here about them. But this taquan air thing seems like they offer a ton of adventure too.

We flew with Michelle last month and had a great time. To give you some perspective about the flight, the link below takes you to a video I made from our trip. She was nice enough to let me mount my camera outside the plane for the flight.

We flew with Michelle last month and had a great time. To give you some perspective about the flight, the link below takes you to a video I made from our trip. She was nice enough to let me mount my camera outside the plane for the flight.

Great video Tim!! We'll be there in about 5 weeks. Also, we're only an hour away from your hometown - in Decatur, Illinois.

Great video Tim!! We'll be there in about 5 weeks. Also, we're only an hour away from your hometown - in Decatur, Illinois.

Thanks. The excursion was really great. I still found it a little unnerving when she said "usually we get closer to the granite..." I think we got pretty close. Definitely a much different landscape than central Illinois. Stay cool.

Tim

I LOVE this!! Thank you for posting. Have you shown this to Michelle/Island Wings? I'd bet they'd love to see it.

Seriously, if anyone is on the fence about a floatplane tour - book with Michelle. You will not regret it. Hands down the best thing we did our entire cruise.

amazing video! I bet that got her a nice tip to the bill.. lol

I could never figure out how to do something like that, mount a camera knowing it wont fall off and do it

I LOVE this!! Thank you for posting. Have you shown this to Michelle/Island Wings? I'd bet they'd love to see it.

Seriously, if anyone is on the fence about a floatplane tour - book with Michelle. You will not regret it. Hands down the best thing we did our entire cruise.

I did sent the link to Michelle/Island Wings. Told them to use it if they wanted to. We definitely like the smaller plane that Michelle has as opposed to the bigger floatplanes that sat 10. Would agree that this was one of the best things we did on the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I flew with Michelle last week too, but to Anan Creek to see bears. It's was one of the most incredible days of my life! Definately a bucket list day! I loved the video, brought back memories of taking off in her plane!

Archived