Park Cafe

Mmmmm....

A wonderful salad bar (you tell them what you want in your salad, and they will toss it together for you).

Various panini and wraps. The infamous Roast Beef sandwich. Assorted desserts.

At breakfast, there are wonderful yogurt parfaits.

We experienced Park Cafe for the first time on Grandeur last week and loved it.

It's open for breakfast from 7.30-10.30 every day. They serve various cereals, juices, hot drinks etc. They have natural yogurt and some special yogurts made up with berries and muesli as well as pots of various fresh fruits, there's a bagel station with smoked salmon and all accompaniments and they have some really nice sandwiches. My favourite was the ham and cheese croissant which they warmed up for you.

It's open for lunch on sea days and otherwise from 2.30 to 6.30. Great place for lunch if you've been off and got back onto the ship late. They do their famous roast beef sandwiches - beef sliced from a joint and in a bread roll with 'jus' and sauce of choice (delicious). But they also have different salads - Greek, Potato, Coleslaw, Asian Noodle, Chicken salad as well as a small choose your own salad bar which the chefs toss for you. And they have a great selection of yummy sandwiches - some pre-packed some freshly made. It's sort of a combination between Aqua Spa Cafe on Celebrity and Promenade Cafe on RC - but better than both!

It's also open late at night but we never used it then.

I took some pictures of the stuff on offer at lunchtime which I'll attach below, they're not great because of the glare but you may get an idea of what's on offer.

IMG_6299.jpg.c02b16b6388bb63122f7a3556696d344.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg.504f1b6b13cc5a643c66720024fdce97.jpg

Thanks Guys, That really helps!

My daughter is a very fussy eater, I read that the solarium cafe had pizza and burgers but it is not on the rhapsody. Does park cafe do this stuff aswell?

I've not seen pizza and burgers at Park Cafe. Windjammer (the buffet) would have burgers and pizza for lunch.

Sorry just been re-reading the posts and seen it is open on till late! Haha! I was looking at the deck plans on the grandeur and rhapsody and they are very alike! Was there anywhere on the Grandeur you could get a late night burger or anything?

Sorry just been re-reading the posts and seen it is open on till late! Haha! I was looking at the deck plans on the grandeur and rhapsody and they are very alike! Was there anywhere on the Grandeur you could get a late night burger or anything?

There was a solarium cafe, but I don't think they had burgers. The only place for late nite burgers is going to be room service. Room service is free except between midnight and 5am when they charge $3.95 per order.

There was a solarium cafe, but I don't think they had burgers. The only place for late nite burgers is going to be room service. Room service is free except between midnight and 5am when they charge $3.95 per order.

Agree, when our kids wanted burgers after they left the club on Grandeur last week they had to order room service.

Agree, when our kids wanted burgers after they left the club on Grandeur last week they had to order room service.

My kids loved going to the solarium around 10ish for snacks - does the Grandeur still do the late night offering - and do they still do chips (question from the youngest!)

My kids loved going to the solarium around 10ish for snacks - does the Grandeur still do the late night offering - and do they still do chips (question from the youngest!)

Sorry, gave some misinformation in my last post as I never went there at night :o.

Just been informed by my son that they do burgers and chips at night until 1am - after that it's room service if you want them.

Isn't it open on Embarkation day for lunch? Is it crowded on that day? I am not big on buffets and would rather do that for embarkation lunch. :D

Yes, it's open on embarkation day. It got crowded quickly on Allure, but was not bad at all on Rhapsody.

We are going on Rhapsody soon with our two children 3 and 5. Is the Park Cfe in the Solarium area, and if so, does that mean no access for children? I'd really like to beable to go there for breakfast and lunch sometimes as I've heard it's great.

Thanks.

We are going on Rhapsody soon with our two children 3 and 5. Is the Park Cfe in the Solarium area, and if so, does that mean no access for children? I'd really like to beable to go there for breakfast and lunch sometimes as I've heard it's great.

Thanks.

There is an area closest to the windows that has tables where I saw families eating food from Park Cafe.

Just wondering which ships have a Park Cafe. We were on the Oasis last November and really enjoyed it.

So far: Oasis, Allure, Radiance, Splendour, Rhapsody, and Grandeur.

Will Park Cafe be introduced fleet wide?

Not sure about that. The majority of ships are planned to have it. However, I've never heard anything from Royal to the effect that every ship will have Park Cafe. Mariner has already had it's revitalization dry dock and Park Cafe was omitted. Could be this was simply a scheduling issue and Park Cafe may make it to Mariner later. Likewise, Serenade and Enchantment are the next ships scheduled for revitilalization, and Park Cafe is not listed for those ships. The next ship scheduled to get Park Cafe is Legend next February.