WW while on cruise?

Hi! We had a similar post going over on the RCCL board. Here it is, hope it gives you some ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=170118&highlight=weight+watchers

:D

My plan is to *try* and watch what I eat, but mostly just be very active, and almost always use the stairs. It's my first cruise so I really want to take in all of the tastes I can. Then again, knowing I didn't pay for every appetizer, entree, dessert I ordered (like you do when eating out) will make me more likely to take small tastes of everything and less likely to finish off the food on my plate simply because I paid for it.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

:) Sometimes it is a good idea to decide not to eat something that you have tasted before...this works on a buffet...try something new...that way you do not eat a little of everything which turns into a lot!!! Think of how hard you have worked at WW but do not deny yourself!!! I will bet I could gain 10 pounds in a week if I tried...I am not going to try!:eek:

Hi, I also am on WW. I have been doing it for 4 years and have lost 65lbs and have kept it off through all of my cruises (10). I pretty much eat whatever I want, BUT i make sure that I walk at least a mile after every meal. Last cruise I was very careful about the walking that I actually lost .5lbs. I did not deprive myself at all. So go and enjoy, eat whatever you want and I'm sure you will be fine!

My plan was to lose 5 lbs. before the cruise but I don't think I've done that. I'm weighing in at WW tomorrow. I'd love to hear more ideas too. I've already decided not to drink any soda, so that will eliminate some extra calories. I've also decided to eat more veggies and fruits.

Can you tell them to bring out an extra dish of veggies? I realize it's probably cooked in butter, but maybe I'll still get some good nutrition and fiber out of it, and it'll make me feel full. The last time I was on the cruise, I had the red meat choice every night. I gained 7 lbs. and didn't get any of it off until I seriously went back to WW - two years later! I'm NOT going to do that one this time!

I'm also aiming to do some exercise every day, other than the regular walking but am trying to figure out how to find time... if we return to the ship (on the days we dock) right before the ship leaves, it'll be time for the show and dinner. Then it's already 10:00 p.m. I guess I better make sure at least I use the gym on the sailing days!

boltnut55, I'm not sure which line you're cruising but I know RCL has a "ShipShape" menu that is supposed to have healthful alternatives. That probably includes things like steamed beggies, etc. I have seen some menus posted and it looks like some good alternatives.

My weigh in is the day after we return from vacation. I am NOT looking forward to that.

Oh yeah, and you might consider packing along some of the Crystal Light "on the go" packets. If you don't go with the soda card (for diet pop) then your choices will be tea, water, or lemonade. :) At least the crystal light can add some variety.

I'll be on the Celebrity Infinity. I don't know if they will have an incentive program, but I know since I lack discipline, I really need to focus on it and make exercising a priority right from the beginning. The good thing is that I'm one of those who can exercise late at night and still go to bed afterwards.

:D I have been a Lifetime Member for 7plus years... Never going above Goal WT. I have been on 7 cruises. It can be done:) Just think about the plan as you would at home. Enjoy a few splurges!!! Spend those extra points on things you cant or do not normally get at home...... I do make a point to have the spa or whatever light meals they have but dont deprive myself. Bu t I just dont go crazy either!!!! Plan ahead for each day choosing the things you really want !!

If you g o over just know you can take it off when you get back... Dont wait to really get back on program... HAVE FUN !!!!;)

Archived