Intercontinental Miami Airport

Mike Dante

Hi All,

Has anyone stayed here? I see tons of posts for the Bayside one, but I got this one w/priceline. I called the hotel to see if I can switch but was informed I can not....Will I be happy here? After all it is a 4* hotel. Also, does anyone know if they have shuttle services?

Any thoughts?

Thx,

Mike

Hi Mike - We stayed at this hotel in February when we sailed on RCCL. We dubbed the hotel "The Roach Motel". Sorry - but it was gross. We had our TA in Canada make us reservations elsewhere on our return home. Our room in particular was disgusting - the tub was so dirty we did'nt even bathe our little guy in it. And my dad had a dead cockroach in his room behind the curtains!:eek:

BUT... you can make the best of it and stay anyways. Can you still cancel?It was also too close to the airport and the noise kept everyone awake. Oh and it definately is not a 4 star hotel! Not by my standards anyway!

Enjoy your cruise!

Dawn

Thx for the input. It was my first adventure w/ pricline, so I guess I gotta take my medicine. I wanted to get downtowm and was rejected, so when I changed, I thought I added 4 *, but apparently added airport in there too...So long story short, I got this for $80 for the night before we sail the victory... tripadvisor has mixed reviews, so like anything else, I'll have to go and be my own judge...Tongue in cheek--I picked my bed, now I gotta sleep in it---

Anyone else have anything to share?

Happy Sails,

Mike

I have nothing to say about that hotel (never stayed there) but I booked downtown Miami at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for around $112 a night.. NO shuttle service but it is $20US to get from the Airport to the Hotel and since the Hotel is like .5 miles if that from the port it will be another what $10bucks max to get there... when are you leaving for your cruise?

Trip Advisor ranks 99 non beach Miami Hotels 9 are not ranked. Of the other 90 this hotel ranks 73. I would agree with Albertagirl with out even reading the reviews, "Roach Motel". If you read the three reviews two give it a rating of 2 out of 5, and the other 1 out of 5. The reviewers didn't have much nice to say about it, but you say there are mixed reviews. I agree with you that you need to go and check it out for yourself, because you might be the first person to like it for what it is. Good Luck!

I am looking to book our stay in Miami(for December) in the next day or two and have found a ton of information right here on the CC site: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92 (it is the Hotel forum for pre and post cruising.)

Through all my research we will be staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Shopping for prices right now....good luck

I figured I would try to use priceline and not pay through the nose, as many have done here. As it was my 1st time doing it, I take the blame(rookie mistake) . It's hard to see how PL refers to it as 4* , while past guests review it otherwise. ..Even other posters spoke of how musty and mildew smelling the holiday inn is down by bayside,while otheres raved about it.. So, I need to just go into it with a pos. attiitude. All I know is that when I am there in Dec, it'll beat the heck out of being home here in NY with the cold weather.

Like Bluejacket said...maybe I'll be the 1st to like it for what it is...

I'll look at it as a learning experience.

Thx 4 sharing,

Mike

Archived