Cabin Selection

Daydaes

We booked cabin 7083 on the Zaandam and it's a cabin I would never have known about if I didn't read comments on this board. We were booked in 2595 but was able to grab the other one. We prefer a higher deck and this cabin seemed to be the one! Anyone else been in this cabin before? Was it bigger than a regular OV cabin? Looks like the bed is not under the window so that is different.

Going on a 14 day cruise, how many formal nights? And can my husband wear dockers and a nice collared shirt? Can I wear nice capris and sandals? Or jeweled flip flops?

This is Hal's suggest dress code:

Evening dress falls into two distinct categories: Formal or Smart Casual. Smart Casual can be defined as slacks and collared shirts for men and casual dresses, slacks and informal evening wear for women. T-shirts, swimsuits, tank tops and shorts are not allowed in the restaurants or public areas during the evening hours. On festive Formal evenings, ladies usually wear a suit, cocktail dress or gown and gentlemen wear a jacket and tie, dark suit or tuxedo. There are approximately two formal nights per week.

You can take it for what its worth.

Your cabin choice to change from your original one to cabin 7083, well you snag a good one. Congratulations! You have a window that over looks the back of the ship. There is a deck just out the back hallway door that you can utilize. You may feel the up's and down's of the ocean a bit more but a lot of cruiser's like the motion.

We booked cabin 7083 on the Zaandam and it's a cabin I would never have known about if I didn't read comments on this board. We were booked in 2595 but was able to grab the other one. We prefer a higher deck and this cabin seemed to be the one! Anyone else been in this cabin before? Was it bigger than a regular OV cabin? Looks like the bed is not under the window so that is different.

You had a couple of comments to your similar post yesterday. Did you check those out?

Going on a 14 day cruise, how many formal nights? And can my husband wear dockers and a nice collared shirt? Can I wear nice capris and sandals? Or jeweled flip flops?

What you describe should meet the dress code on Smart Casual nights. On a 14-night cruise you should expect four formal nights. Pathfinder has posted that dress code for your reference.

> And can my husband wear dockers and a nice collared shirt? Can I wear nice capris and sandals? Or jeweled flip flops?

For formal nights that would not be appropriate in the Main Dining Room. But you can certainly go to the buffet wearing that, or dine in your cabin.

Do remember that the people who like to get dressed up on formal night like the whole ambiance of that special night - the room, the table settings, all of the other people in their finery. If you don't share that interest, why worry about it at all - just dine in the buffet.

You had a couple of comments to your similar post yesterday. Did you check those out?

What you describe should meet the dress code on Smart Casual nights. On a 14-night cruise you should expect four formal nights. Pathfinder has posted that dress code for your reference.

Thanks for your replies and I've been looking for the comments from my other postings and I really didn't see any responses to my comment/post. Some of the postings seem to have the thread high jacked into some other conversations. That's why I did this one on it's own. This board is wonderful and I appreciate all the replies!

Archived