Renal Car - Halifax

Our Budget rental was not right by the ship; it must have been the one on Hollis. We took a taxi to get it though they did offer to pick us up.

The airport is very far--maybe 45 minutes.

The Westin hotel has rental agencies in it too. That is within walking distance.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking to rent a car in Halifx for July 29th. I checked a few agencies on line and it seems that the agencies are closed on Sunday's. Does anyone know a rental place open on Sunday's?

I had some time so called a few and got the scoop:

Enterprise and/or National are in the Via rail station in front of Cruise port they are open 9-1 Sundays for Cruise ship passengers 423-0227

Thrifty's is open on Sundays in the Westin Hotel beside Via station.

982-3474

Budget is open 8-4 on Hollis St. at least 4 blocks good 15 min walk but will pick up at Pier if you have reservation just call as soon as you get in.492-7542

Avis is also open on Grafton if you have reservation will also come and pick you up. tel #492-2847 Note if calling out of province AREA CODE is 902

Budget is open 8-4 on Hollis St. at least 4 blocks good 15 min walk but will pick up at Pier if you have reservation just call as soon as you get in.492-7542

Note if calling out of province AREA CODE is 902

Thanks for posting this information. It will come in handy for our trip in October.

I had some time so called a few and got the scoop:

Enterprise and/or National are in the Via rail station in front of Cruise port they are open 9-1 Sundays for Cruise ship passengers 423-0227

Thrifty's is open on Sundays in the Westin Hotel beside Via station.

982-3474

Avis is also open on Grafton if you have reservation will also come and pick you up. tel #492-2847 Note if calling out of province AREA CODE is 902

Thank you so much for looking into this. It was very thoughtful of you. I ended up renting with Budget and still amazed how expesnive a one day compact rental is with insurance. Good to know about the pick up. Silly question, not sure if my phone will work when I'm there. Are there pay phones near by. Also, I assume they'll drop us off back at the ship?

Thank you so much for looking into this. It was very thoughtful of you. I ended up renting with Budget and still amazed how expesnive a one day compact rental is with insurance. Good to know about the pick up. Silly question, not sure if my phone will work when I'm there. Are there pay phones near by. Also, I assume they'll drop us off back at the ship?

I am sure there are pay phones in the terminal, I know there are at the Seaport Farmers Market next door.

Yes they will drop you off you may want to be dropped of at Citadel and then wonder back to Pier through Halifax or Maritime Museum both could take few hours and little or no parking- hence for downtown Halifax the car will be a nuisance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up walking to Budget. It wasn't a bad walk probably less than a mile. There was only one person working there so we waited over a half hour to be assisted. There was confusion returning the car to the garage. The rep mentioned nothing about having to obtain a time stamped parking ticket to pay. We didn't know what to do sicne the car was being left there. We left it in the car with the paperwork we were told to leave. I would love to visit again and would like to avoid Budget. Thanks to your research, I'll have other options in the future.

Nautica 34 sorry you had trouble with Budget but glad to hear you enjoyed your visit enough to want to come back.

Thrifty's in Westin Hotel maybe better bet?

Thanks for letting us know, appreciate the feedback.

Archived