Question re Quest's Mini Cruise from Malaga 28 November

bernipops

We have booked on the above mini cruise from Malaga and note the boarding time is 21.00 for the 23.59 departure.

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to board prior to 21.00 as we will be arriving in Malaga a lot earlier and also if dinner will be available that evening.

Many thanks for any help.

Bernipops :)

We are also booked on this cruise. I started a roll call for this but have no replies yet, hopefully I set up the roll call correctly. We're flying in from JFK and will arrive in Malaga around 1:00 p.m. with luggage in hand. Any word on possibility of boarding the ship earlier? I called customer service and have been told 3 different earliest boarding times.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I've been advised that boarding for this sailing, is scheduled to begin at 2 pm. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks, Andy. I was also told 2:00 p.m. when I called Azamara however I made a follow-up call and was later told I couldn't board until about 8:00 p.m.:cool:

I'm sure hoping that 2:00 p.m. stays as the boarding time as this would greatly help hubby and I catch a bit of rest from jetlag.

Thanks, Andy. I was also told 2:00 p.m. when I called Azamara however I made a follow-up call and was later told I couldn't board until about 8:00 p.m.:cool:

I'm sure hoping that 2:00 p.m. stays as the boarding time as this would greatly help hubby and I catch a bit of rest from jetlag.

We asked the very same question of the Club Voyage hostess Dina whilst on The Quest last week - she confirmed that the boarding time would be as normal for a sailing, i.e. around lunchtime. It is not unusual for the Ship to make late departures, indeed we didn't leave one Port last week until after midnight.

We are on the same 4 day cruise, given the short distances that we will be travelling I'm not surprised at the late departure.

We asked the very same question of the Club Voyage hostess Dina whilst on The Quest last week - she confirmed that the boarding time would be as normal for a sailing, i.e. around lunchtime. It is not unusual for the Ship to make late departures, indeed we didn't leave one Port last week until after midnight.

I think everyone understands that late departures are not unusual for Azamara. The late departure time didn't trigger the question; the fact that Quest is coming from a dry dock did, as she might therefore have a completely different arrival time in port than the usual early morning arrival time ahead of debarkation.

Floris

• 1 month later...

Husband and I are eyeing this cruise and may book in a week or so, so we may join all of you over on the roll call thread shortly. Intriguing mini-itinerary... we'd be combining it with about 4-5 days in Spain on our own traveling by train.

• 3 weeks later...
I think everyone understands that late departures are not unusual for Azamara. The late departure time didn't trigger the question; the fact that Quest is coming from a dry dock did, as she might therefore have a completely different arrival time in port than the usual early morning arrival time ahead of debarkation.

Floris

Hi. The Quest actually comes out of dry dock a fortnight before this. I know because we have a 13 night cruise on her to the Canaries departing from Malaga on 15th November and arriving back in Malaga at 06:00 on 28th November. Like your cruise, I think ours was a last minute thought by Azamara after the dry dock dates were finalised. I hope you enjoy your cruise as we are certainly looking forward to ours. :)

Hi. The Quest actually comes out of dry dock a fortnight before this. I know because we have a 13 night cruise on her to the Canaries departing from Malaga on 15th November and arriving back in Malaga at 06:00 on 28th November. Like your cruise, I think ours was a last minute thought by Azamara after the dry dock dates were finalised. I hope you enjoy your cruise as we are certainly looking forward to ours. :)

You are correct now, but your 13 night cruise didn't exist yet on July 24 when I posted the above as that we before they shortened the dry dock and added the extra sailing.

Floris

You are correct now, but your 13 night cruise didn't exist yet on July 24 when I posted the above as that we before they shortened the dry dock and added the extra sailing.

Floris

Odd, I paid the full balance of my 15th November cruise on July 27th and completed my online check-in a couple of days later :confused:

Archived