Leaving Thursday on Celebration!

please please please, I have one VERY IMPORTANT request.....:D

See if you can find a good english-speaking person on board, and try to find out what all is in the "drink of the day" on the very first day - it is called the "fun ship special" or something similar, and it was the best drink I have ever had. If they don't want to tell you what is in it, at least try to find out what other drink it might be similar to.

it seems to be a cross between a hurricane and a screwdriver...only way different:rolleyes: .

If you could get some clues for me so I could order this drink when I go out to dinner at home, that would be great! I just got off that ship 2 days ago, and this is the one thing that I really wish I would have asked someone.

Thanks, and have a GREAT time!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!

Yeah . . . I do have a question or two!!!

I'd like to know the menu for the 4 night cruise!!!!!

I'd also like to know about the availability of . . . (and you thought I was gonna say CAPPUCHINO'S :p ) a chocolate buffet!! I'm a HORRIBLE chocoholic and would LOVE to dine on the various desserts!!! I've heard this mentioned on some ships but . . . no ones mentioned if it's available on the Celebration!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!

Yeah . . . I do have a question or two!!!

I'd like to know the menu for the 4 night cruise!!!!!

I'd also like to know about the availability of . . . (and you thought I was gonna say CAPPUCHINO'S :p ) a chocolate buffet!! I'm a HORRIBLE chocoholic and would LOVE to dine on the various desserts!!! I've heard this mentioned on some ships but . . . no ones mentioned if it's available on the Celebration!!

Sorry, Kim....

I just got back on from a cruise on the celebration (5 night) and I have to say that there was nothing resembling a chocolate buffet. Sounds nice though! It seems that from what I have been told, the celebration doesn't have a lot of the newer, nicer stuff that the newer ships have. If you find a chocolate buffet on board and I never knew it was there I may be a little upset!:p

Couple of questions:

I am interested in what you end up "doing" while you are on the ship, what things on the capers you decide we worth venturing to?

How hard is it really to get a deck chair to sit on?

I have heard a lot about "rough seas" coming back in JaX so how you do that last evening, my DH gets a little motion sick.

I know I have others.... I am traveling with a 2 and a 4 yr old...

and just basically anything else you decide we can "Not Miss!'

we leave in 20 days! I am soooo jealous, wish I was going now!

Thanks in advance

There were rough seas for us coming back into jaxport, it was pretty bad actually. One of my crew of four got so sick that he couldn't hold anything down (much less dramamine), and the rest of us just laid around for around 10 hours with tummy aches and an "uncomfortable and uneasy" feeling. Once it was over we were fine, and before it started we were fine. This was definately the only bad part of the whole trip.

I highly recommend getting the prescription patches to put behind your DH's ear - this should help tremendously. We forgot to get these before we left on our last cruise, but all the people that had patches were fine on the ride back to jax, so that must say something for the patches!:cool:

Finding out what is in the drink should be easy! That one I will not have a problem with. And we are on the 4 night so I can do that also. Anything else.

I really hope you can find out about that drink.....now I'm anxious. I've looked everywhere on the internet!:o

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you when you return!!!!:D

I really hope you can find out about that drink.....now I'm anxious. I've looked everywhere on the internet!:o

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you when you return!!!!:D

Hmmm....No one here at CC knew this???? Did you post a thread?? I thought I saw this posted here once....it could have been a LONG time ago though. Don't know how the search works for posts before the "new" boards.

BallanceKris -

Have a GREAT cruise! Looking forward to your review when you return!

Pastfacesfuture,

I just got off the Celebration last Thursday and I could have sworn the drink the fist day was just a frozen Rum Runner...does this not sound right to you? Although I have to say my fave was the "Miami Vice"...half strawberry daiquiri and half pina colada!! YUM! I will be posting a full review when I get the time, probably tomorrow, but for all of you who are leaving soon, we had an absolute BLAST!!! Celebration is a great ship...maybe not with all of the glitz and glamour of some of the newer ships, but with beautiful weather and someone to make your bed and wait on you hand and foot, who cares!!

:)

Heather

Can't wait for your review as I leave next week and I see TSoccer5 gets on it when I get off. Hope you had a wonderful time. It's been many years since I've been on this old ship but I'm sure it still will be fun. I've been cruising the newer ships but got a good deal to go out of my hometown. Can't wait.

:)

Linda

BooBooPrincess and BallanceKris,

I can't wait to get all your first hand information and advice!!! I'm leaving in just over 20 days and I'm sitting on pins and needles (I'm not impatient at all :rolleyes: )!!!

Maybe I just need to start "packing" and that will releave some of my impatience!!! I don't know . . . I'm wondering if that won't make it WORSE!!!

But anyway . . . tell us all about your good times, tips and "watch outs"!!!!!!

Archived