Sitting in the Magic's lido

grozas

Sitting here waiting to dis-embark. Was a great 7 days. Will post more complete review when my brain allows it. Head chef just walked by and said hello - meet him at the chef's table.

Sitting here waiting to dis-embark. Was a great 7 days. Will post more complete review when my brain allows it. Head chef just walked by and said hello - meet him at the chef's table.

Haha! I am sitting around my house waiting till time to get my kids up to go get ON the Magic! We are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I hope you and yours had a GREAT time!! And I hope you have a safe trip home.:)

i hate that last morning, and the wait. especially when we tried to cram everything in that last night.

until they started self debark for vip.

btw, i was gonna wish you a good cruise till i noticed the time, and then read the post.

We are in no hurry to dis-embark. We live 30 minutes away. And all those negative reviews - people must stop using drugs!

Oh GOOD! The negatives had me SLIGHTLY worried...but most seem to have loved it. Any quick tips for me before I get off this website and go start waking up kids? :D

The plate I have in front of me is the first food we have eaten from the buffet all week. MDR, Italian, chefs table all week

Except for the lido around the pool - plenty of loungers available all week. Even hammocks in the serenity. No CHOGS at all.

We'll be boarding one week from today :) Glad you had a great cruise!!!! I think it will be interesting to eat in the Italian restaurant on the first day and look around knowing most other diners are CC menbers "in the know" LOL!

We are in no hurry to dis-embark. We live 30 minutes away. And all those negative reviews - people must stop using drugs!

LOL Thanks for the sunday morning laugh....

Don't people realize a day on a cruise ship is 1000 times better then a day in real life.

I think it will be interesting to eat in the Italian restaurant on the first day and look around knowing most other diners are CC menbers "in the know" LOL!

We ate there on embarkation day for lunch and there was only one other group in the restaurant. Much nicer than trying to locate a table in the buffet before the rooms are ready.

:D Great to hear this! We are sailing on August 5th, and I am completely fired up!!! The wait is killing me. I can't wait to hear more about the Magic & your cruise. ;)

Good for you and glad you have a terrific time - looking forward to your review as I too will be boarding the Magic a week from today.

Thanks for the positive energy - folks with super negative comments have always made me think - back away from the pipe (LOL) :D

I'll be boarding 2 weeks from today...still seems SO far away.

Glad to hear you had a blast. Most reviews I read for Magic are more positive than anything. The couple of reviews that I've read that weren't quite as glowing were complaining about stuff that doesn't really matter.

Looking forward to your review.

Anxious to read your review and get your take on the chef's table, we have it reserved for our January cruise on the Magic and I am second guessing myself after a recent review of the chef's table new menu.:)

Don't second guess yourself we did this menu on the Magic in March and loved it! Remember...you are eating food that you wouldn't normally get during a chef table experience.

Do the chefs table! At least the one we just had Wednesday night did not follow a set menu. Chef Rashed is a culinary school graduate and studied with Paul Perdue but also has an Ivey league MBA. He is head chef on the magic and spends more time in front of a computer than a stove. He says the chef's tables are really special for him and he likes to experiment with them. For example, a normal entree in the MDR takes 8 actions to complete. The steakhouse is allowed 22 actions. Some dishes we were served at the chefs table required 70 to 80 actions it was amazing!!

Archived