New "Princess Bride" - I'm So Excited!

Thank you to all the Princess and other cruise brides on the message boards for sharing your insight. After reading your posts my FI and I booked a 7-night wedding cruise on the Caribbean Princess over Memorial Day weekend 2006--sails 5/27/06. We also secured our ceremony on board at sea on Mon., May 29--we're thrilled to be getting married by the captain!

Our family and friends are starting to book their trips and things are in motion. I am so excited!

Some questions for past brides and those in the planning process:

* For those that requested special flowers, were you please with the results? Were prices pretty reasonable? Also, how did you get the quote--send attachments of pictures you liked/described what you wanted? I just want handtied roses or hydrangeas (sp?)

* Were they flexible in allowing you to augment the ceremony? I know the vows have to stay pretty close, but if we want to add a unity candle ceremony or reading is that possible?

I'd love to chat with other brides-to-be, so please keep me posted on your plans too!

Best wishes to all!

~Traci

Not a Princess bride so things might be slightly different. I found that it was possible to customize the wedding arrangements very easily -- for a price.

I looked into a special bouquet but I found the cost prohibitive. It was about $200 more for the "special order", than for the standard flowers. :eek: So we opted to bring our own bouquets. Fortunately, I have a very talented sister who made flowers for the entire wedding party. The silk arrangements were spectacular, and I was so happy that we chose to do it that way. They are also great keepsakes for our wedding attendants.

As far as the ceremony, we actually submitted our own. The wedding planner reviewed it first to make sure it was still legal.l They didn't change a word, except for some personal remarks that the minister made before the final blessing.

Unfortunately, the untiy candle ceremony was not an option because of the fire hazard it poses onboard. But we found another ceremony involving a single cup of wine and used that instead. It ended up being both unique and quite lovely. I am sure you will have no problem adding a reading, poem, or even a song to the ceremony -- just so long as you keep things within reason.

Wow $200 for an upgrade on flowers is steep! I have some creative types, but my FI is very adamant about fresh flowers (it's funny what guys get choosy about with weddings :) ) so we may just stay with the standard option.

Thank you so much for the feedback on the ceremony--i hope it's the same on princess.

Congrats!

Archived