Can you transfer your Excursion to someone else?

mom2girlsVT

I was booked on a 10/13/12 sailing and booked a cabana at Half Moon Cay for our group. I had to reschedule my trip and I'm now going 9/3/12. But my family is still going on 10/13/12. How can I make sure my family still gets the cabana since it was in my name? They can't book their own because it says SOLD OUT. I was told by Carnival's 1-800 number that there is no way to call the shore excursion people. The cabana rental is not showing up anymore, as my booking is gone. Did it automatically get cancelled? No refund yet, so not sure.....

I was booked on a 10/13/12 sailing and booked a cabana at Half Moon Cay for our group. I had to reschedule my trip and I'm now going 9/3/12. But my family is still going on 10/13/12. How can I make sure my family still gets the cabana since it was in my name? They can't book their own because it says SOLD OUT. I was told by Carnival's 1-800 number that there is no way to call the shore excursion people. The cabana rental is not showing up anymore, as my booking is gone. Did it automatically get cancelled? No refund yet, so not sure.....

Is the cabana showing on your new reservation?

Yesterday, the day I rescheduled, it showed I had 2 cabana rentals...one for each sailing. Later in the day, my account only showed 1 cabana for my new date. I didn't cancel it the other one, so I'm wondering where it went. :confused:

It sounds like you didn't modify a reservation but canceled the old and made a new reservation? I would think when you canceled a reservation, it would cancel everything associated with it.

It sometimes takes a few days for the credit canceled shore excursions to show up on your credit card.

At least that is my theory. :)

Here is info from the carnival.com shore excursion terms and conditions:

"In the event of a cruise booking cancellation, within the cut-off window [24 hrs prior to sailing], a full refund will automatically be posted to the original credit card used to pay for the shore excursions order. If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order must cancel from their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will automatically cancel and be refunded."

It sounds like your cabana rental was automatically cancelled when you cancelled your cruise because you did not designate a new contact person. Refunds to your credit card take 7-10 days to process.

Here is info from the carnival.com shore excursion terms and conditions:

"In the event of a cruise booking cancellation, within the cut-off window [24 hrs prior to sailing], a full refund will automatically be posted to the original credit card used to pay for the shore excursions order. If the designated contact person on a shore excursion order must cancel from their cruise booking and the remaining guests who are sailing would like to retain the shore excursion order, a new contact person needs to be assigned. If a designated contact person cancels and does not reassign the responsibility, the associated shore excursion orders will automatically cancel and be refunded."

It sounds like your cabana rental was automatically cancelled when you cancelled your cruise because you did not designate a new contact person. Refunds to your credit card take 7-10 days to process.

And charges appear the next day.:rolleyes:

Archived