Questions about RCCL age 12-14 activities.

ncamy

Yesterday I posted this on the RCCL board and hope maybe I can get more of a response here:

I just got off the phone with a RCCL agent and got conflicting answers to some of my questions. We are cruising Alaska 2006 with my DD (12) and a neighbor (14). According to all sources they will both be in the "Navigators" group. My question to the agent was, "Will my daughter be allowed to go into the teen areas even though she is technically not a teen?" I would hate for her to make friends in her assigned age group and then they would abandon her at night if she is not allowed into the teen area. After being put on hold, Morgan, the agent, came back and said she could participate in the organized activities but could not go to the teen area! So I asked her what our options at night were after 10:00 and Morgan replied, "Well thousands of other parents have worked it out." At this point I start to envision all 12-14 year olds running wild aboard the ship, right? I seriously doubt any parent is going to pay a babysitting fee for kids in this age group. Then my husband and I find on the RCCL website the following quote direct from the information page about the Navigators program: "Activities are scheduled throughout the day and early evening. The Teen Center is open from 10:00 pm- 2:00 am each evening. NAVIGATORS ARE WELCOME TO COME AND HANG OUT....DANCE OR JUST LISTEN TO MUSIC." The agent I spoke with specifically told me that none of the 12-14 year olds were allowed in the teen disco area. What am I missing here? Would someone with real life experience with this please share their experience? Also how does early dinner vs. late dinner affect the Navigator activities? Oh and by the way when I asked if she would be able to participate in the yspa (which clearly states that it is for 13-17 year olds) she said, "Oh I'm sure they would let her do that." Anybody know about this? This too is something that we are interested in doing. Thank you soooo much for the input.

this is an excerpt from one of my previous posts.... hope it helps....

jersey girl ... i found my adventure ocean itinerary for 12/14 and 9/11 ill give you a sneek peek... (now mind you... my 11 yr old was allowed to tag w/ his brother in the next group... there wasnt very many in either group this time)our first cruise was chalk full... i think it just goes in flows

9-11 for day 2 nassau------- 12/14 for day 3 cococay

morning cartoons -----ultimate frisbee

brkfst -----volleyball

youth evacuation drill lunch

steal the bacon, pizza ball, crazy tag----- beach olympics-water

---------------------------------charades balloons, relays, sandcastle

adventure art - lizards & bugs ---------------bldg competitions & more

backstage pass to creative creations--------- rock wall challange

backstage tour chorus line theatre----------- karaoke/talent show

adventure science - totally tubular ----------teen dinner

lunch ---------------------------------movie /pj night win prizes

spy afternoon ----------------------------raffle

spy supplies ---------------------------blackjack tournament

secret agent --------------------------curfew at 1am

learn spy tricks --------------------------(teens are allowed to come &

adventure science -magnetic mayhem ----------go as they please)

snack

spy training

spy hip hop dance

spy stake out

parents sign out

evening...

dinner

royal rumble night

adventure art - masks

indiv challenges - sumo, arm wrestling,

pully, disk, bball, connect four

team challenges - eliminator,shakenbake

pick up time

just a quick list for you..... hope they have fun!!!!!!!!!!oh... ps.... when my 11yr old asked if he could be in the next group w/ his brother he was told no sorry... but when i asked it was no problem..... fyi

Archived