Formal night ?

mrshingles

Is there a type of high heel shoe I should avoid?I understand it is a ship but it could be rocking,so any pointers from the professional crusers here whould help.

I do not dress up a lot , I might wobble on steady ground with high heels LOL!

If you aren't comfortable wearing heels, I'd suggest flats. We've always had the dining room that's on the opposite end of the ship from where our cabin is located. It's a lot of walking and usually stairs are involved. If you decide to walk outside it could also be hazardous. We've encountered decks that were partially wet from people or rain and it makes it very easy to slide, especially if you walk around the pool area.

Is there a type of high heel shoe I should avoid?I understand it is a ship but it could be rocking,so any pointers from the professional crusers here whould help.

You might get more responses on the Fashion Board~

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

I usually wear a wedge or a heel that I know I can walk in~ the tile/marble (whatever they are) floors can be very slippery in heels so make sure they have a good sole and are not smooth~

Coming from a short guy, please wear flats! All ladies! But seriously, just go with what's comfortable. Heels can be tricky to walk in, especially if the ship is rocking. Most people do not go all out with dressing up on the elegant nights anymore, which is why they changed the name from formal to elegant. Most people are somewhere between business casual and formal, with some even at less than business casual.

Coming from another short guy, no worries! Wear what is comfortable. My wife brings both, pretty much for pictures after Elegant, and whatever works for her during the sea conditions is what she goes with. Don't let it worry you.

Mrs. Shingles, wear whatever shoes you are comfortable in off ship. I have not noticed any difference (though I only wear very low heels). Panelope wears stilettos both on and off ship.

Archived