allure kettle ?

we are sailing on the Allure in sept in an ocean view state room can anyone tell me if the room will have a kettle ? Thanks

We were in a oceanview balcony on Allure last year, and I do not believe there was a kettle. Usually, if the ship is in the Caribbean, the stateroom has to be a Junior Suite or better to have a kettle.

Given that suites get kettles, they must have spares on board. I would ask your stateroom attendant. We had a kettle in our regular outside room on our first cruise, so there shouldn't be any electrical concerns, as long as you use theirs.

I give up. What's a kettle?

You have to read this within the context of the original poster.

Being from the UK we take a kettle everywhere. A small travel electrical version. Nothing to do with a stove.

We need hot tea at least a dozen times a day. Much easier to brew your own than have to rely on some lukewarm ship supplied 'hot' water. :)

So HonkyJay. Purchase a small travel kettle from Walmart prior to boarding.

Being from the UK we take a kettle everywhere. A small travel electrical version. Nothing to do with a stove.

We need hot tea at least a dozen times a day. Much easier to brew your own than have to rely on some lukewarm ship supplied 'hot' water. :)

That's the problem, they won't let you take anything electrical on the ship besides a curling iron and dryer. So the only hope is to request a heating unit on the ship, which is usually relegated to suites.

Your oceanview cabin will not have a kettle provided.

While kettles are not specifically mentioned on the prohibited list, they are in the same category as coffee makers and irons, so I'd assume one would not be allowed to bring it on.

LOL i need at least 3 cups in the mornings, i would be ringing room service about 3 times before the 1st one arrived !

Thanks for al your replys walmart it wil be !

Take your kettle we have never had ours confiscated. The kettles have an automatic shut off when the water boils, unlike irons.

I can assure you that you will end up in the naughty room, with your name over the tanoy, if you take one. They are hot on this. We had a small travel iron confiscated on Allure and Oasis, so we will not try again. Yes, they have cut outs for safety, but the security staff do not understand what that means. :D

LOL i need at least 3 cups in the mornings, i would be ringing room service about 3 times before the 1st one arrived !

Thanks for al your replys walmart it wil be !

I take one of thoose stainless, unbreakable thermos and get hot water and mugs from the Park Cafe or other areas, whichever are nearer to you cabin.:)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, just wanted to add that our last cruise on Explorer, they turned us down when we asked for a kettle. However after getting two room service teas that tasted like coffee (they re-use the carafes - the thermos thing with a handle), I finally insisted that they give us a new carafe when they delivered our hot water from room service. Then I just kept it. For the rest of the cruise I would just pop down to the promenade cafe and fill it with boiling water from the coffee machine. Picked up a couple of the bigger coffee mugs and a pocket of sugar packets and we were all set to go. Just had to remember to hide the carafe so our room attendant didn't clean it up for us.

Do what we do. Take your travel kettle and when you're out of your stateroom hide it under some clothes in the wardrobe. If the attendant doesn't see it, it won't be reported.

But won't it get stuck at security when they scan stuff?

What brand of tea do they have? I like my lyons tea. :D

No sure, although its not lyons.

They do have a selection of herbal teas etc.

The promenade cafe is open for self service tea/coffee 24 hours a day, I just nip along and collect a couple of teas and take back to the room (also there is always the temptation of taking back cookies as well!)

Since they have kettles on the ship, I don't see why it would make a difference, but like most "risky" items, I would suggest putting them in the carry-on. That way you can check them at port if there is any problem and save yourself a trip to the naughty room.

As for the tea, the "standard" tea is Lipton black tea. Not quite the same as the orange pekoe DW and I are used to. For the herbal teas, I don't know the brand, but they are in a gold foil packet with a black label if that helps.

Archived