Juneau Dog Sled Tours

sscruising

Sailing on the Rhapsody 8/24 & am trying to decide on the Sled dogs & mushers($139) of the Summer Camp ($154). Has anyone done either of these tours, what's the difference between the two?:confused:

Sandi

I did the sled dog excursion a few years ago. Seeing the dogs upclose was sort of interesting, but there is no snow to mush on. They have wheels and the dogs pull you along a dirt road. Very bumpy ride, but my daughter enjoyed it.

Personally I thought it was a waste of time and money, but I am hard on the excursion people when they seem to indicate you will have snow when in reality, you do not.

We just returned from Silver Shadow cruise. We did the dog sledding on the glacier in Skagway and it was awesome. Same company runs it in Juneau. They take you up by helicopter and it is beautiful up there. All white with the exception of the blue glacier shining through. Layer well as it was cold but highly recommend it.

We just returned from Silver Shadow cruise. We did the dog sledding on the glacier in Skagway and it was awesome. Same company runs it in Juneau. They take you up by helicopter and it is beautiful up there. All white with the exception of the blue glacier shining through. Layer well as it was cold but highly recommend it.

Sorry, but the tour the OP mentioned is not on a glacier.

Archived