Excursion in Barbados

Moremajor

My husband and I have booked an excursion through Carnival- the Five Star Catamaran and Turtle encounter. We are concerned that the boat will be packed with people. We have looked in to Calabaza tours, but they require a deposit via credit card sent over the net. I have concerns about this. Can anyone fill me in on either of these excursions and recommend which one would be better? Thanks so much!

Simply put, my experience with Calabaza was excellent. This opinion seems nearly unanimous on these boards.

I reserved via email several months in advance but my card was not charged until we were nearly finished the excursion.

As I am sure you have read, her boat is small, carrying only a maximum of 12 passengers. The service, from pick-up to drop-off, is first-rate.

My husband and I have booked an excursion through Carnival- the Five Star Catamaran and Turtle encounter. We are concerned that the boat will be packed with people. We have looked in to Calabaza tours, but they require a deposit via credit card sent over the net. I have concerns about this. Can anyone fill me in on either of these excursions and recommend which one would be better? Thanks so much!

I highly recommend Calabaza. We thoroughly enjoyed our snorkeling trip with them! I am also one who is hesitant to make deposits via credit card over the internet and had no problems with Calabaza. I e-mailed to inquire about making the reservation and once I received an e-mail response regarding availability for the tour on the date that I was interested in, I provided my credit card information during a telephone call with Gina, the owner.

Calabaza is the best tour we were on when we were in Barbados! Definitely trustworthy and you are right about the ship tour. They pulled in to the spots as we were leaving and hundreds poured into the water. The private tours are best!

Archived