Gem Balcony help needed!

schwaja3

I currently have a BB balcony on deck 10 (10544). I have the chance to change to a BX, on deck 8 (8548), the last balcony cabin before the obstructed view cabins. If I switch, I will save about $50 and get a $50 OBC, making it a $100 savings for me.

The deck 8 cabin will be above the Tradewinds shops, and about 5 cabins closer to the front of the ship than the one I am currently in on deck 10.

Should I keep the deck 10, or trade for deck 8?

Any advise or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

I was on the gem for a March 18th Sailing. I was on deck 10 in cabin 10516. It was my second cruise.

My first cruise was on the jewel and I started off on deck 4 and moved to deck 8 after some complications arose.

I just looked up your cabin and it isn't far from my previous cabin. Me personally I wouldn't switch unless you really need the cash. The elevator is right there and everything is basically right above you. It was very convient to get to the pool, spa, gym, theater. I don't use the shops much but they were across the ship. It takes me 6 days to get my bearings on the ship anyway but I will say the cabin I had I loved.

When I was on deck 8 on the jewel I was constantly getting lost. I was mid ship then and never took the same way twice HAHA.

hope this helps and happy sailing!!!!

Archived