Single Mom and teen kid - paper work

grozas

Ok one more time - Single mom taking a 14 year old - what does she need other than -

1. Kid's state issued birth certificate

2. Letter of authorization from the father for the kid to travel out of the country

You should be good to go. We just sailed with our 17 YO nephew and had his BC, a notarized letter from his parents, and his driver's license. Under 16 he shouldn't need a photo ID, but if he has a school ID I'd bring it along.

I know there are folks here who will tell you that you don't need the letter. Well, we needed it. And it was pretty clear from the boarding agent that nephew would not sail without the letter.

Ok one more time - Single mom taking a 14 year old - what does she need other than -

2. Letter of authorization from the father for the kid to travel out of the country

Have done it twice. I had the letter notorized but never needed to present it.

Consider getting a passport too. Would never want to get stuck in foreign country.

That's waht you need. Have a wonderful cruise with your son! :D

Great Question OP!!! I'm thinking of taking my daughter on the Breeze next April, and am separated ( not legally ) from my husband ( her father ), and while we are on GREAT terms, etc, I still am nervous they are going to turn me away. She has a passport, so it sounds like I just need a letter from him saying it's fine, and getting it notarized. Thanks again!!!!

Archived