Timing of Private Tours

RTLS

I am currently in the process of arranging a shuttle to take a group of 8 from Livorno to Florence, pick us up at the end of the day and return to the ship.

The Nautica is scheduled to dock at 8am and depart from Livorno at 8pm./ I'm trying to decide whether we can book our pick up for 8am or whether it should be later and also the best time for our return. I'm thinking 4.30pm out of Florence.

What do the experts think?

It's hard to predict when the ship is really cleared on arrival, so I think it would be safer to plan on 9am. But you never know.

You don't have to be physically back on board until half an hour before departure so 4:30 sounds reasonable to me.

Mura

We scheduled our driver for a pick up at 8:30. No tenders in Livorno, so easy to just walk off and meet your driver.

I think we scheduled our return to the ship for 6:00PM. Between the amount of things to see and do in Floerence combined with the heavy traffic getting back to the port, we were happy for the added time in the city.

We had the driver pick us up at 8am and we were off the ship right on time.

We also left Florence at 4:30pm, arrived back at the ship around 6pm

There could be a delay clearing the ship, but your driver will be there waiting.

We made it to Pisa before the crowds and had the 1st 30 minutes almost to ourselves.

Archived