Speciality Restaurants On Dawn

nomie

Most of the specialty restaurants on Dawn were good. Teppanyaki is always fun, but it isn't intimate, with the chef clanking tools and the eight or ten others around the grille.

Cagney's offers a good selection, decent service etc.

Le Bistro might not been on their best game the night we were there, food came cold (no problem getting it solved.)

Moderno is fun, although the spectacular salad bar on Epic is much smaller on Dawn. Also, Moderno is in the space Mambo's occupied, so you're pretty much part of the atrium lobby experience.

I would suggest if unsure, wait until you are on the ship. Reservations are seldom ever necessary. And you can make the reservations on the ship at the reservations desk. They also have all the menus available to look at first.

Agreed! Don't stress about getting a rez for any of the specialties, with the possible exception of booking Teppanyaki at a busy time. For me, that is the least interesting venue, unless you have a fun group to share the grill.

Don't worry about spicy, they can accomodate you at any of the restaurants.

They are all a lot of fun and well worth the surcharge. Have a great cruise!

Agreed! Don't stress about getting a rez for any of the specialties, with the possible exception of booking Teppanyaki at a busy time. For me, that is the least interesting venue, unless you have a fun group to share the grill.

Don't worry about spicy, they can accomodate you at any of the restaurants.

They are all a lot of fun and well worth the surcharge. Have a great cruise!

Oh,maybe not Teppanyaki then. Which one is best for seafood?

We really enjoy LaCuchina. Their Osso Bouco was fantastic. We have never tired the pizza so I can't comment on that. Last year we went with the whole family and ate there 2 nights. We also like Cagney's My husband like Moderno, I thought it was okay.

We dined in a four of the specialty restaurants on the Dawn on our last cruise and we would rank them in this order:

Le Bistro (get the mushroom soup and the chocolate fondue)(diner here twice)

Cagney's (Great beef and sides)(dined here twice)

Teppenyaki ( fun and filling, get sushi as an app)

La Cucina (The service and food were abysmal on the Dawn, we have loved this restaurant on the Jewel, Jade, Epic)

We were on the Dawn last week and tried Cagneys (horrible), Le Bistro(very good) excellent escargot and very good coq au vin, La Cucina (very good) chicken parm was a hit with my wife, daughter and son. Not sure where NCL buys there beef but we noticed in all the restaurants that the beef just doesn't taste like what we get here in MA. It had a funny taste to it and after two bites of my NY Sirloin at Cagneys I was done. My wife had the same with the prime rib at Cagneys.

Archived