bringing wine on board

bridmo

Hi all

Did a transatlantic on Oceana a few years ago and we were allowed to bring wine aboard for our own consuption in our cabin.

Can you tell me please if this is still the case and how many you can bring if it is still allowed:)

Many thanks

Hi all

Did a transatlantic on Oceana a few years ago and we were allowed to bring wine aboard for our own consuption in our cabin.

Can you tell me please if this is still the case and how many you can bring if it is still allowed:)

Many thanks

P & O is a rarity.

There's no limitation on bringing on board at the start of your cruise or at any port-of-call, any drinks of any sensible quantity, incl hard liquor, beers, wines, soft drinks, for consumption in your cabin (or in a restaurant, subject to a corkage charge).

But beware of relying on purchases from the ship's D/F shop. Since May this year, its not always possible to buy from the D/F shop & take the bottle away on the same day.

JB :)

Thanks for that

My friend & I are planning a couple of boxes for cabin consuption only. Last year me & hbby went on NCL and although you could take wine onboard there was a $15 corkage per bottle even to have in your cabin:mad:

Roll on January

We had a cruise on Ventura in June and took two boxes of wine but brought one and half back with us. To be honest we didn't have much time for drinking in the cabin we were always out somewhere enjoying ourselves.

When me & hubby took ours we enjoyed a glass after returning from a good day just sat out on the balcony and watched the world go by then sometimes when we'd returned after an evening out

Pure bliss

We had a cruise on Ventura in June and took two boxes of wine but brought one and half back with us. To be honest we didn't have much time for drinking in the cabin we were always out somewhere enjoying ourselves.

We tend to find the same.

Enjoy yourself, good heavens whatever next. You cannot go around doing things like that.:cool:

Gan canny

Dai

Archived