What Should We Do?

Alright, here is our dilemma... Me and my fiancee are going on a cruise on the Ecstasy on July 2nd.... She has been married before, and her last name at the time of booking is the name of her ex-husband.... Her birth certificate will have her maiden name, and at the time of leaving on the ship, her name will be mine.... Should we contact Carnival and ask them specifically what to do, or is there a simple solution? I just don't want for us to have trouble getting on the ship because of THREE different names here.... Someone let me know what to do....

If you booked with Carnival, call them..if you booked with Travel Agent..call them. In both cases they have handled these situations many times and know the right answer. No need for you to worry one minute about this. Let them tell you exactly what should be done and then sit back and enjoy the wedding and the cruise!

We had a similar situation several years ago. My wife brought her birth certificate and our marriage license and had no problem. We left on the cruise the day after we were married so there was no time to have a driver's license changed.

Does she have a drivers license that she will be using for her photo id?

The marraige license was used to show name change to get the drivers license.

As long as the drivers license and the documents have the same name.. she will not need a marriage certificate. I have never once been asked to show a marraige license..and only can imagine the lines that we would enoucnter if every married lady had to produce those documents.

But since she is getting remarried before the cruise-- and none of her paper work will be changed--the new marriage license will be needed to be taken. what about a divorce paper since her Photo id will have her old name from that marraige.??

Unless she leaves the documents in her old name and everything will be fine.

I went through this exact same situation. I brought a copy of the marriage license, my drivers license and my birth certificate. Cruiselines see this all the time as new brides are anxious to use their new last names! It won't be a problem at all. Six years later, I still carry a copy of my marriage license with me just in case.

Archived