Halibut in September?

Dadzee

Hi folks! I am wandering over from my usual Carribbean haunts to ask about fishing in September. My folks, both seniors, will be heading up on a seven day with stops in Juneau, Sitka, Kechikan. My father weants to catch a halibut, "before he dies, or the government takes all his money." Any information appreciated and I shall pass it on to a greatful couple.

Best,

Dadzee

Hi folks! I am wandering over from my usual Carribbean haunts to ask about fishing in September. My folks, both seniors, will be heading up on a seven day with stops in Juneau, Sitka, Kechikan. My father weants to catch a halibut, "before he dies, or the government takes all his money." Any information appreciated and I shall pass it on to a greatful couple.

Best,

Dadzee

Another thing about halibut fishing in SE Alaska now (your port stops) last year the International Pacific Halibut Commission) have put a one per person limit per day on halibut and then related to size (has to between 45 and 68 inches) also. They are trying to help the breeding stock.

This has not become an issue in SC Alaska (Seward or Homer) yet and they are allowed to keep two a day any size.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived