Party Suggestions-9 year old birthday in Cozumel

texankhj

Take him to swim with the dolphins, or manatees, or just visit the marine park and see the seal and otter show if cost is a consideration. Kids love it. Also has a swimming pool area next to the sea wall where you can watch all the dolphin swims even if he can't go he can watch. Snack bar there but kind of pricey. IT is an inexpensive taxi ride away from the Pier.

It's a park that has everything a boy would want... beach, water, swimming and snorkelling, hammocks to lie around in, iguanas running around one area(!), snacks, drinks for Mom and Dad, a very cool area to walk through with reconstructed Mayan ruins, lots of flowers, a very cool and beautiful lagoon, replicas of old local huts where a lady shows you how to make tortillas by hand (and then you get to eat them) -- and I didn't even bother to pay to watch/do the dolphins!

(Sorry, that sentence got a bit enthusiastic.) :rolleyes:

Google it: Chankanaab National Park and you'll find lots of photos and great reviews.

Easy 5-10 minute cab ride from the ship. Really, it made this "boy" have a wonderful, memorable day. Highly recommended. :D

We are looking for some tips. Our Grandson will turn 9 years old in Cozumel, October. Any tips would be appreciated.:)

We always go to Chankanaab. My son just turned 6 on our cruise alittle over a week ago and he loved it. He went snorkeling for the first time and had a blast. It's a beautiful park with tons of stuff to do. If you go on the website there is a coupon for a buck or two off admission.

It's a park that has everything a boy would want... beach, water, swimming and snorkelling, hammocks to lie around in, iguanas running around one area(!), snacks, drinks for Mom and Dad, a very cool area to walk through with reconstructed Mayan ruins, lots of flowers, a very cool and beautiful lagoon, replicas of old local huts where a lady shows you how to make tortillas by hand (and then you get to eat them) -- and I didn't even bother to pay to watch/do the dolphins!

(Sorry, that sentence got a bit enthusiastic.) :rolleyes:

Google it: Chankanaab National Park and you'll find lots of photos and great reviews.

Easy 5-10 minute cab ride from the ship. Really, it made this "boy" have a wonderful, memorable day. Highly recommended. :D

Wow! You have convinced me. We have been to Cozumel I think 9 times and never been. It is time to go. Thanks for the tip.

If he is adventurous and can handle a mild roller type ride, then he may really enjoy the Passion Island by Thriller Boat. It includes the boat ride over to the island (about 20 min) and back plus an all you can eat buffet, open bar, free soda and such. There are plenty of beach chairs, water toys, a playground with a tramboline, hammocks, gift shops and clean restrooms. The island is not overcrowded. We had a great time. The island is beautiful and we would do again in a heartbeat. You can book the same excursion by catamaran if you do not want to ride the Twister boat.

We booked directly with Carnival.

Wishing you son a Happy Birthday :):)

Chankanaab is the only beach that we have been to twice and that is after 10 trips to Cozumel. Second choice would be Paradise Beach. Lots of water toys there.

If you make it into town I can recommend Casa Denis for great chow (ask to be seated in their courtyard). There is a great bakery about a block from the plaza that is one street over from Cass Denis.

passion island by twister boat was a lot of fun and it was a beautiful beach.

if you have time go eat at panchos backyard... when we took my son there for his birthday they brought out sprite and grenadine in a shot glass and slammed it on the table so it fizzed. my son loved it.... only bad thing was, he was in pre-k and went back and told the teacher he had a shot of mequila lol

LOVE Chankanaab for the snorkeling, the beautiful beach, the pool..also you can take part in a dolphin swim there, as well. definitely worth the price of admission. Lots of the gift shops near the taxi stand will have some really cool 'stuff', including mexican wrestling masks..one store had an entire wall of them!

Ordering a cake is a great idea, but Bon Voyage no longer delivers cakes to staterooms..you can choose what night to have it delivered to the dining room and the staff will sing Happy Birthday to your grandson.

I personally LOVE Cozumel and find it to be very friendly..your grandson will have a blast!

Paradise Beach is a great option for children. We took our 9 & 10 year olds there last year and it was really nice, fun, and clean. There is a large pool, beach with chairs, and inflatable water toys and slides.

Of course, the dolphins swim would be awesome too!

Archived