Any way to search by

Hi, Sass4, we often book guarantee cabins. I'm not sure what you are asking. Perhaps if you clarify, you'll get some help!

Royal's guarantee promotions are usually generic as to category, e.g., we generally book balconies, which are usually marketed as guarantee category X.

• So, if you are trying to determine if there is any balcony stateroom you would absolutely hate to get, you have to peruse the deck plans and look at every balcony on the ship, whether E1, D2, etc. (We've always lucked out with our assignments, but I have read several times here that if you draw an unhappy assignment, just call immediately--if they still have inventory in the applicable category, there may be another cabin that's more to your liking.)
  • If what you're really trying to do is study "real time" availability on deck plans to try to figure out what cabins are possible contenders for your assignment OR if you have a good chance of being upgraded, then I think the only way to "search" is to take a mock booking up to the point of cabin selection using your desired stateroom category, and then working your way through the responses. IMO the Royal website is more tedious than others for looking at this sort of thing--if you go to some of the other big online cruise travel agents, you might find an interface you prefer. Of course, cabin availability is always dynamic, right up to the time the ship sails....

Don't know if any of that helped, but like I said, if you could explain what kind of search you are trying to do, someone will know the answer! :)

I was just wondering if there was a way to view sailings that have the GTY balcony or suite. Last night I looked at 5 cruises and didnt see any :(

I don't care where I am, so that isn't a problem.

Oh! Sorry for all that blather then! :o

I've never seen any of the upfront marketing show GTY cabins, i.e., in my experience, you have to go into the mock booking process for a sailing to see if any GTY cabins are on offer. And they come and go--I've seen a GTY that is a terrific deal, took a day or two to confirm our personal schedules, air to support, etc., and then gone back in to book, and poof! It was gone!

If someone posts a more efficient way to search and identify cruises with current GTY offers, that'd be a find! :D

Archived