Halibut Cheeks

YAKE

What restaurants can anyone recommend to have halibut cheeks "the best cut of halibut"? Our cruise / tour takes us to Vancouver, Ketchican, Juneau, Skagway, Anchorage Denali and Fairbanks.

Thank You

Jerry

Can't answer your question, but you should've seen the disappointed look on the face of the gal who was cleaning my fish (last time I went halibut fishing) when I told her I wanted the cheeks!

You're correct-best part of the fish.

-Monte

:) Who wants butts when you can have cheeks:) Try Steamers or Annabelles

when your in Ketchikan. The Halibut Shack on the dock in Ketchikan may have

them but not all the time....

I am hoping to score some halibut cheeks in Alaska! I would love to have some sent home via air express...anyone ever ship home fish while you were up there??

mzoom

I've lived in Alaska for 21 years... I don't really think I've been living under a rock, but I've never seen halibut cheeks on the menu in a restaurant here, in any part of the state. These are usually served only to the lucky few who catch their own fish!

Taters

Well...it doesn't happen often, but occassionally they are on the menu at the McGrath's Fish House here in Eugene, Oregon. They were on the menu two weeks ago when we ate there. Guess you'll have to come to Oregon for Halibut cheeks...or go fishin' ! ! I have to admit, however, that most of the times that I have had them were when I had friends coming in that had been to Alaska fishing, and had caught them.

:)

mzoom

I tell ya, the Halibut cheeks are all shipped to Eugene, Oregon. Hubby and I went to dinner tonight, one of the special's was....you guessed it...Halibut Cheeks! That's twice in a two week period...two different restaurants! Go figure..

mzoom

Archived