Whee Excitement!!

fin

Cruising along the south shore of Long Island an hour ago, some gorgeous shots of one of my favorite ships. I have two up on my weblog already and will be trying to add more over the next few minutes. I am very heart warmed by the huge number of you who dropped in the last time I posted the very lovely Norwegian Dawn, seen in my pix (which appear nowhere else) off the coast of Easthampton, LI on May 10th.

Ooops - the address is http://fin.journalspace.com

And thanks to all of you for the compliments. I think I was honestly more excited seeing her today than I was boarding her on the 28th of November.

Must send off an email to some of the people who work on her, if they are still there. Thanks again.

Oh, Wow! Excitement, indeed!!!!! I'm so glad you posted those photos - perhaps the only aerial shots ever of the Dawn???

Shoreguy - good eye! They are indeed closed up. Soon, I'm sure, they'll be ready for company again. :)

RichNY - are you and Loretta keeping an eye out for the beloved Dawn sailing in a neighborhood near you?

Just way too cool.

:D

Where are the cabins that are closed? Great eye shoreguy because I cannot find them!

Look at the bow shot - Second balcony in from the right on decks 9/10 - the windows are covered. All the other balconies you can see the dark glass. I copied the picture to my pc so I could zoom in on them.

great pix. thanks for sharing them with us.

Shoreguy: do you know which cabins where damaged? I think the boarded up one is 9502. I will be on the May 15 sailing two cabins away! Hey, maybe NCL will upgrade us to the Garden Villa!!!

great pix. thanks for sharing them with us.

Shoreguy: do you know which cabins where damaged? I think the boarded up one is 9502. I will be on the May 15 sailing two cabins away! Hey, maybe NCL will upgrade us to the Garden Villa!!!

The two cabins that I understood were damaged and still being repaired are 10502 and 9502 Cat ACs. That is what it looks like on these cool pics.

Wow, those are the best pictures of The Dawn I've seen so far! She looks HUGE. This Sunday I'll see her live in person, so to speak, the time has almost arrived. Hope the weather isn't too unkind to us (T-Storms forecast):eek:

Carla C - I was not aware of any contest for photos, so I thank you for mentioning it.

What I did instead was to send these and a few others taken at the same time to a 'friend' of mine who works for NCL and has been very kind and generous to me in the past, to use as he saw fit.

Once again, my sincere thanks to those who were kind enough to leave nice comments. I tried to re-title this thread because in my excitement I left out my own address and the Dawn from the title.

And I can almost guarantee those of you who are lucky enough to be looking forward to a cruise on her (not backwards) that you are going to have a wonderful time.

Archived