Funny luggage/packing story.

We leave on Elation Saturday out of NO. After reading on CC that you can no longer check your water and sodas but have to carry it on I thought how heavy my shoulder bag would be. I then remembered my teenage daughter has this small rolling suitcase with hot pink lips all over. It would be. perfect. Used it on our cruise 5 yrs ago. I just got it out of a closet and was saying to myself "Why won't this stupid thing stand up?" Then I looked AND AHA! Remembered Carnival broke it on last cruise. It still works but they broke off the little feet opposite the wheels that keep it upright. Well I consider myself crafty. I yanked open kitchen junk drawer, grabbed two wine corks, and super glue gel. You guessed it. I glued those suckers on there. Gonna make dh reenforce with couple of screws when he gets home. So if you see some woman at embarkation with a hot pink lip suitcase with two wine corks for feet say Hi! And no we are not off that show My Big Redneck Vacation! Bon Voyage

Carnival broke the feet off my suitcase too! It was the biggest one of a 5 piece set. It was new, so still under warranty. I sent just the one suitcase back to the company for repair, and they sent me a whole new set for free (well just the postage to ship it to them). I then sent the postage receipt to Carnival and they paid it. So now I have a 9 piece matching set and DH and I each have our own hanging bathroom bag.:D

Archived