Straw Market in Nassau

HiLo71

The one thing I can't find are the hours it is open. I did see one website that said shops in the Marina Village are open 9am - 10pm but I can't verify.

When you go in September, can you let me know what the hours are? My cruise is in December and we don't get to disembark until 1pm - I'm trying to figure out a schedule of events.

Thank you.

I think I'd skip Straw Market. There were really aggressive locals (not vendors) who tried to put beaded necklaces on you and then expect money. It was really uncomfortable. Glad to hear the bags are gone. They didn't look authentic at all anyway.

The knock off handbags are now illegal in the bahamas.. to sell as well as to purchase. there is a stiff fine and jail time if caught. Don't ruin your vacation over something so trivial. We now have undercover cops looking for this.. and other illegal things..

I found two stores selling knock off purses and very legal. The stores are 1 block form the straw market and if it was illigal the police are blind. I was there in May 2012 and purchased several purchases.

I found two stores selling knock off purses and very legal. The stores are 1 block form the straw market and if it was illigal the police are blind. I was there in May 2012 and purchased several purchases.

knock off purses are VERY illegal.. These stores open up and get shut down regularly. Unfortunately, we have a corrupt police department who turns the other way.

Good luck with your illegal purchases.

Archived