dinner issues on the Spirit

mikeg001

Let's face it. The food is garbage compared to what it used to be. In addition the ships are now like giant cattle cars, jammed with boorish, foul-mouthed, trailer trash who wouldn't know proper etiquette if they stepped in it. Get used to it.......it's only going to get worse.

I have never had any problem with the food in the buffet or MDR because of the following things that I keep in mind.

1. I didn't have to shop for the food ,bring it home, or put it away.

2. I didn't have to cook it.

3. I didn't have to clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes.

4. Most importantly, I DO get to order what I want, eat as much or as little as I want, and get up from the table and just walk away when I am done knowing that the next time I want to eat the same thing will happen all over again.

As a wife and mother with over 32 years experience in NOT doing the above, this is one of the main reasons that I love cruising.

I can't stand the WMCC. Too much like drinking syrup.

On my last few cruises the MDR for breafast and dinner as well as the buffet had food that was only tepid. Nothing worse then grits the butter won't start to melt in.

I wonder if some procedure was started b/c you never used to hear this problem so much. Too many tables per server?

I had the wcmc every night on our last cruise and every night the consistence was different. It did not matter to me but one of our table mates sent it back for a thicker one.

I had the same issue on the Splendor last may it was just way too runny most nights.

I understand it is melting, what i had 3 times in 7 days was a cooked top then completely runny like water.

Sorry. Not everyone realizes it's supposed to have a liquid center... I agree with you that having it the way you describe it now is, undercooked, poor preparation and I wouldn't eat it either! Yuck. m--

We did the 15 day cruise on the Spirit in April 2012. We ate in the MDR 13 of the 15 days, and at no time did we ever have a bad or questionable meal. I did send one meal back - I didn't realize "peanut sauce" was so spicey! It was cheerfully replaced:)!

I think on one of my galley tours I heard that the WCMCs were cooked to various stages - and you could request what you liked (e.g. rare/medium/welldone?) - if you find it too runny (or too well cooked) I think you can mention this to the wait staff and get one more to your liking? :)

...and you should be able to find the new menus here - http://johnhealdsblog.com/menus/2012-01-03/

I think it is how you order it,

Warm Chocolate melting Cake (done inside)

Warm Chocolate melting Pudding (runny inside)

Warm Chocolate melting Cake Mix (raw inside)

I hate WCMC if you can't tell, If I wanted hot chocolate, I would order it, Which I do but to drink, not eat.

Archived