HMC Cabana in December - worth it?

Hi all...I know this is totally a personal decision, but just wondering what the prevailing thoughts are?

We're looking into a cabana @HMC for our Christmas cruise. I know it won't be nearly as hot as it was in October when last we visited HMC, but it seems like a nice place to hang around, leave stuff, a table to eat lunch (ate on our laps in clamshell last time...a bit tricky) and the bonus mats and snorkel gear too would be nice.

Impressions? Suggestions? Thanks as always fellow CC'ers :D

I have to say that I love the cabana. It was well worth the money for our party of 7. I know they describe it for use by 4 people, but my brother and his wife and son were nearby, so we invited them to join us. There was PLENTY of food and soft drinks for all of us, and we shared the floats, hammock, chaise loungers, and snorkle equipment provided. It was one of the best "beach" days any of us remember!

We were at HMC last January. I think we were there the 18th or 19th. I was afraid that it would be to cold but the weather was perfect. The water was a little chilly when you first got it but no issues at all.

We loved the cabana (#11) and found it was well worth the $$. There were four of us which included two children ages 4 & 6. It was perfect for them to have a place to take a nap and for us to have a basecamp out of the sand.

Going forward we will always get a cabanna. There is plenty of info on the ports of call board. But to answer your question, yes to cabanna. It was not to cold to enjoy.

I'm also thinking of renting one in May. Only been there once before in July & although I love to look at the beach it was hard to sit there in the direct sun,,no shade trees anywhere. It seems like a lot of money at first but I think I'd forfit a balcony room for the entire day spent on the beach in the shade, guaranteed hammock, misting fans....I think I gotta do it!...any recommendations on which one is best,,or does it matter?

worth it if the weather is right, and you make the tender (weather related). Weather is unpredictable in the Bahamas in the Winter Months so hope for the best....not sure I would spend the money if the weather wasn't nice...

Do they book them far in advance or do you book it onboard?

There are only 15 of them and they will book up fairly quickly on some cruises and on other cruises, you can book it on the ship.

A cabana is a great thing rain or shine. we would not go to HMC without one. If it rains normally it is a brief shower and you can wait it out in comfort. The water might feel a little cooler than you are used to in Dec but it is still normally warm enought to enjoy being in it. We normally only have two in our cabana but still think it is worth the money. Consider it an excursion!

There are only 15 of them and they will book up fairly quickly on some cruises and on other cruises, you can book it on the ship.

There are 2 threads out now of people reserving SPECIFIC cabanas via e mail BEFORE getting on board. This leaves a limited choice if you wait.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts! As I said, I know it's a personal decision, but I appreciate the different points of view.

pcvtmom - we'll have a party of 7 too, I was thinking I would book the cabana for my three and then invite the other 4 in our party to join us. Glad to know there is enough to share.

Thanks again, all :) :)

Archived