Summit Cabin Choice.....so confused!

firstcruiserDB

First time on Celebrity.....and we are so confused with cabin selection!

We will be sailing the Summit to Bermuda next summer. We like to choose our cabin well in advance, so we are getting ready to book. I'm hoping someone can help us pick the best cabin! I've called Celebrity 3 times and the vacation planners don't seem to know a lot about the cabins!

We love to spend time on our balcony in the morning and to sun in the afternoon when the pool deck gets too crowded. We also love to sit out on it in the evening.

We are looking for either a Sky Suite or a Celebrity Suite. After tons of research, we've narrowed it down to these cabins.....

Sky Suite 6132 or 6131

Sky Suite 6146

or

Celebrity Suite 8106 (is it partially obstructed? I've seen conflicting info.)

Celebrity Suite 7138

So.......what do you think? I"m not even sure if these cabins are good ones! If you were booking either a Sky or a Celebrity suite, which one is the best??

I will SO APPRECIATE any help you all can offer us! Thanks!

CS 7138 with the new balcony was absolutely wonderful we had this suite on the Millenium. Only one caution is that there is nothing to shelter you from the wind if it is blowing and the ship is making a good speed. On a 15 day cruise this only affected us 2 days. The extra space (if the price difference isn't too bad) is wonderful compared to a SS.

If you haven't seen recent pics of a Celebrity Suite...check out post #51 from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1643675&referrerid=422315

In the fourth picture, you can see the one with the arrow...is 7138....(these pics are from the Millie...but should be same/similar to the Summit)

Enjoy...we stayed in 7138 on the Summit in 2007 (prior to the addition of balconies obviously, and LOVED the space and the wonderful forward view from the bowed out configuration !!

Enjoy !

Woody

Ooops...sorry...Just realized I sent you that link before !!

if you decide on a sky suite, 6145/6146 is the best! They are adjacent to the ph suite, and have an upgraded decor and a gorgeous, spacious bathroom with a full tub and a separate shower and a good-sized balcony.

I have photos pre-Solsticization in my review. There is also a recent thread with more recent photos of 6246 on this forum.

That's a tough choice. One I considered before booking my Summit cruise this December. Last year we stayed in SS 6132, one of the largest balcony SS cabins on the ship. It was outstanding. I was seriously considering one of the CS on deck 6 which is the best deck in my opinion. Not only do you have the best butlers, due to the Penthouse and Royal Suites, it's just a great midship location. My cabin from last year wasn't available at the time, but when it opened up I grabbed it to save a couple thousand. My other dilemma was the balcony on the CS. It is a large wrap around balcony and not one where you can entertain, which we like to do. If the balcony is important to you, try and snag 6132 or one of the one's Library Lady mentioned, since they have the upgraded decor, including the panelling and marble (huge) bath.

Here's a couple of pics of my cabin and balcony (6132)

016-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

Keep in mind this was presolsticization. I'm not sure what has changed since then.

Enjoy your cruise whichever cabin you decide.

Archived