Upgrade upon boarding?

love2trvl

I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to ocean view or a balcony upon boarding? We were only able to reserve inside cabin because the only ocean view left was on the lowest deck, and no balconys were left. I understand there's sometimes a last minute cancellation, so can we jump on it? If yes, would they charge us for an upgrade? We are on Spirit on 6/11.

Thanks.

I don't know for sure, but I have read on reviews that people have done this...asked about being upgraded upon check in, and got it. Yes, you do have to pay a fee....but probably not as much as if you would have paid for it when you initially booked it. The best way to find out is to call the cruise line and ask....

I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to ocean view or a balcony upon boarding? We were only able to reserve inside cabin because the only ocean view left was on the lowest deck, and no balconys were left. I understand there's sometimes a last minute cancellation, so can we jump on it? If yes, would they charge us for an upgrade? We are on Spirit on 6/11.

Thanks.

On last week's Dawn cruise, there was an announcement that there were no upgrades available, the ship was sold out, and basically please don't bother trying to bug anyone (said in a nice way, of course). I can't remember if that announcement was in the terminal or onboard on embarkation day, but it was well before we sailed.

I think it depends on how full the ship is. We were on the Spirit the week after Easter, and our sailing was sold out. We asked when we checked in before we boarded, and were told to check inside. Once we were onboard we checked with the front desk, they had a sign posted that said something like "no room re-assignments can be accommodated due to a full something-or-other".

I think it depends on how full the ship is. We were on the Spirit the week after Easter, and our sailing was sold out. We asked when we checked in before we boarded, and were told to check inside. Once we were onboard we checked with the front desk, they had a sign posted that said something like "no room re-assignments can be accommodated due to a full something-or-other".

I have seen that same sign on every one of my NCL cruises. The upsell department seems to do a remarkable job of getting every dollar posible before the ship departs. I would guess if there are any empty cabins they are the lowest catagories.

They move balcony/ouside bookings to minis, minis to suites. Inside/outside to Balconies. Inside to outside. By the time the ship sails they have filled the best cabins.

Archived