luggage tags

markf

As I recently paid my cruise in full --I printed my boarding pass and what looked like a luggage tag was there-however it seems that it is not the actual tag.

Where do we get tags from ???

We are still about 60 days from departure--but does any one know where do we get them from etc?

About a month out, go back to the area where you filled out all your express pass information. You'll see an area that says "Order Luggage Tags". Click on that and follow the instructions. I just did that for my upcoming cruise next month and I received the tags in four days.

About a month out, go back to the area where you filled out all your express pass information. You'll see an area that says "Order Luggage Tags". Click on that and follow the instructions. I just did that for my upcoming cruise next month and I received the tags in four days.

Three days for me. Works like a dream.

We had a terrible job getting our luggage tags. Most people on our cruise had the link on their express pass information, but not us. The travel agent phoned Celebrity (UK) and I phoned Celebrity (UK) several times, each time a completely different response ranging from 'you have to get them from the docks', the link will be there soon, they are sent out from Miami, they are sent out from the UK and other responses that I cannot recall now. In the end we were sure we would not be able to request them. I had one last try at the express pass and the link was there. The tickets did arrive in time but I have no idea why everyone elses link was there weeks before ours was, even though our TA had paid them on time, Celebrity confirmed that fact. Celebrity admin needs a really good shake up, maybe the new CEO will sort them out.

I think it would be a lot easier if we could just print them off ourselves like other cruiselines do.

You Can they are in the docs. Usully the last page will have a copy for you. Just print it out. wrap it in clear packing tape or someting like that then attach to your bags. As above you can wait until you get to port and bring a perment marker black and fill out your name and room #.

to me you want the tags on the bag before you fly so in case the bags are lost they know to contact the cruise line not call your house

We never put them on before we fly, because we did once and they were removed and we had to get new ones at the port The airlines really only want their luggage tags on the bags. We always wait and out our on right before the cruise.

We never put them on before we fly, because we did once and they were removed and we had to get new ones at the port The airlines really only want their luggage tags on the bags. We always wait and out our on right before the cruise.

The same thing happened to us the one time we put the cruise tags on before we flew. Now we wait till we get to our final destination to remove the air tags and affix the cruise tags.

They sent me 8 tags, for a 7 day cruise, so I usually put 3 tags on each bag, all in different places on the bag. If one gets ripped off, there's at least one more left. Plus, I cover the tags with clear tape, which makes them harder to pull off.

The tags have a bar code which confuses the baggage handling code readers. Best to ditch the airline tag after collecting the bag at destination then attach cruise tag before or at cruise terminal.

i had this problem today - we are going on an extended trip, and were trying to print off all the docs for all legs of the trip this afternoon, and COULDN'T find anywhere on celebrity's site to print the luggage tags. i ended up calling celebrity, and they said that about 30 days prior to the cruise's departure, there would be a link online where we could request that tags be mailed to us.... we will be travelling abroad the month before our celebrity cruise, so having them mailed to us at that time is pointless, as we won't be anywhere longer than a few days.... i asked if they could be emailed to us so that WE could print them, and she said they can't do that. the only option she gave us is to pick them up at the pier on the day of our cruise, as we go thru the embarkation process.

i find it odd that in this age of technology, snail-mail 30 days or less before departure is the only way to get luggage tags in advance, and that they can't make a printable version for online/email, and that they can't even mail them out early (even if you've paid in full, completed/printed all pre-boarding info/passes, and can prove you will be out-of-country in the 30 days before the cruise!!!

i had this problem today - we are going on an extended trip, and were trying to print off all the docs for all legs of the trip this afternoon, and COULDN'T find anywhere on celebrity's site to print the luggage tags. i ended up calling celebrity, and they said that about 30 days prior to the cruise's departure, there would be a link online where we could request that tags be mailed to us.... we will be travelling abroad the month before our celebrity cruise, so having them mailed to us at that time is pointless, as we won't be anywhere longer than a few days.... i asked if they could be emailed to us so that WE could print them, and she said they can't do that. the only option she gave us is to pick them up at the pier on the day of our cruise, as we go thru the embarkation process.

i find it odd that in this age of technology, snail-mail 30 days or less before departure is the only way to get luggage tags in advance, and that they can't make a printable version for online/email, and that they can't even mail them out early (even if you've paid in full, completed/printed all pre-boarding info/passes, and can prove you will be out-of-country in the 30 days before the cruise!!!

Am I missing something? Surely if you rock up at the docks with out tags they will print them off for you.I don't understand why we necessarily need them prior to boarding.:D

Am I missing something? Surely if you rock up at the docks with out tags they will print them off for you.I don't understand why we necessarily need them prior to boarding.:D

because i'm an over-planner & worrier, and because my hubby gets impatient in lines and/or waiting... also because i don't understand why they can't be mailed early or printed from online/email when other lines can do those things. if they want us to have it all ready before hand to expedite things (and they remind us to tag our luggage, tell us to request the tags, etc), then they should make it so we can actually get them before hand. *shrug* it's just another thing in a long list that annoyed me about their website/online check-in type stuff... especially since i'm doing all the same things for a TP cruise on another line, and their website was SO much better to navigate/fill in/print off etc.

thanks for all the responses--Iknow that NCL simply sends them with your on line boarding pass and you print what you need.

It seems doing at the dock is potentially waiting ina line when it would be much easier to download them> I will wait for 30 days prior and figure it out

because i'm an over-planner & worrier, and because my hubby gets impatient in lines and/or waiting... also because i don't understand why they can't be mailed early or printed from online/email when other lines can do those things. if they want us to have it all ready before hand to expedite things (and they remind us to tag our luggage, tell us to request the tags, etc), then they should make it so we can actually get them before hand. *shrug* it's just another thing in a long list that annoyed me about their website/online check-in type stuff... especially since i'm doing all the same things for a TP cruise on another line, and their website was SO much better to navigate/fill in/print off etc.

I suppose I am optimistic that the longer that they have not given me my luggage tags, the better the chance of being upgraded. I also like to have things in advance but I try not to sweat the little things as it is unnecessary stress, and I am on holidays.:D

You Can they are in the docs. Usully the last page will have a copy for you. Just print it out. wrap it in clear packing tape or someting like that then attach to your bags. As above you can wait until you get to port and bring a perment marker black and fill out your name and room #.

If we can print them off, why is everybody talking about ordering them? This is my first Celebrity cruise so I would really like to know what to do when it comes time to get my luggage tags.

Do you think the paper you print on will stay on the bag?? H

Absolutely. We have done it for our last 5 cruises on Princess. Never had a problem and we could print them off anytime after final payment and print as many as we want.

Absolutely. We have done it for our last 5 cruises on Princess. Never had a problem and we could print them off anytime after final payment and print as many as we want.

Agree, far better solution although we do cover ours in clear tape to make them stronger and waterproof.

Archived