Denali Ridgetop Cabins

Assateague Island Princes

Anyone have experience w/Denali Ridgetop Cabins near Healy? Trying to narrow our options for our 3 days to DNP for early June of 2013. We want a cabin well away from Glitter Gulch with great views and solitude. This place looks like it would fit the bill, but would like to hear from anyone who has stayed there if possible. Thanx in advance for any help you can provide.

Anyone have experience w/Denali Ridgetop Cabins near Healy? Trying to narrow our options for our 3 days to DNP for early June of 2013. We want a cabin well away from Glitter Gulch with great views and solitude. This place looks like it would fit the bill, but would like to hear from anyone who has stayed there if possible. Thanx in advance for any help you can provide.

We stayed there. The location is quiet and lovely with natural landscaping and hospitable owners. The cabin interiors are modern with light wood and scandinavian style ambiance. Our cabin was comfortable, spotlessly clean and a great getaway for a few nights. The breakfast provided was pretty basic continental. The owners had a barbecue that was available and offered additional refrigerator space if we needed it. The location is close enough to Denali Park to allow for early morning shuttle times. We did the all day shuttle from here one day and some hiking another day. If you need to buy supplies or food there is a good store in nearby Healy. I'd definitely stay here again.

I believe that AIP is doing her own land tour in 2013 and will have shopping opportunities in much less expensive locations.

I suggest picking up a cheapie ice chest as early as possible in the trip for food and cold drinks.

Thank you, thank you, PNW Traveler! That is JUST what we wanted to know! My DH was impressed by the location for the views it might offer, and we both prefer out of the way, secluded places without too many cabins. So this sounds perfect for us! And we will be taking early shuttles into the park for 2 days, so we don't mind the drive at all. I so appreciate the recommendation.

And Penny is right, we are doing a DIY land trip (about 16 days) so we're all primed on where to shop and pick up our disposable cooler prior to heading into Denali and then up to Healy! Thanx Penny for all the advice so far - I'll be picking your brains and those of MyTime, AKSusan, and all the other locals for the next several months. Prepare yourselves, folks;) - I'll try not to make TOO much of a pest of myself.

AIP, you are never a bother! I love your interest in Alaska.

I haven't slept under a roof in the area of Denali NP in a very long time if you don't count car camping. Thus can't make a recommendation.

I also do not visit Alaska in summer. I really miss the seasonal changes and prefer fall going into winter.

That said, I always travel with eye shades so I can sleep at any time and with any hours of daylight. You will have masses of daylight. If I don't get to sleep before the new day arrives, I'm done for and can't really sleep. Manage your sleeping and you will have a better experience.

As far as making my own coffee when traveling, I have switched over to Starbuck's Via which is a higher grade of instant coffee and very handy.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic trip.

Archived