Steakhouse and an almost 2yo

mandakate42

What other eatery would you like me to name? McDonalds just happened to be a name everyone is familiar with. Okay, go to Red Lobster:rolleyes:

I would rather eat at McDonalds, better food quality than Red Lobster.

Does anyone here really thing all these posts will change anyones opinion? Why not debate abortion or the death penalty?

I support banning and removing all annoying, loud people from any dining establishment, children included, loud drunks especially included

What's laughable here is the amount of people saying $35pp "fine dining". That's average decent meal price where I come from. Definitely not fine dining. There is no age rule for the steak house and if there was that would be a different story. Op knows her own child. If Carnival was really worried I guess they should have the babysitting start earlier.

Adults annoy me way more than any child would. We all weren't born as adults you know and op paid the same amount as everyone else taking the cruise.

Definitely not fine dining, but I don't think any steakhouses like Morton's, Smith and Wollensky, or Ruth's Chris fall into that category. And while most specialty restaurants aren't quite the quality of those restaurants either, neither do they come with the $100 pp average price that I usually pay there. They do however offer a very nice dining experience and Carnival should at least offer options - a time window for families with children to dine and then adults only starting at 7 or 7:30 pm, (some lines do this and I think that covers all of the bases.)

And concerning annoying adults vs children - it's the adults who don't make their children behave properly in public or who insist it's their right to take the kids anywhere they want because they have paid for their vacation without any consideration for others who are the problem.

Umm.... no the crew does not love your child. They are hoping for tips and it is their job to be nice to the passengers. Kids are alot of work to wait on, they make a mess, and it takes alot of time to get the order because the parent will ask the child 20 times what they want to drink or eat.

You are right, how would I know? I took the word of crew members that told me that, including ones just walking around on the ship that weren't actually waiting on me or had a reason to think I'd tip them specifically. I'm sure being away from your child for months on end doesn't make you miss them. I'm sure that waiters from OTHER tables brought my child gifts because they were hoping I'd tip MY waiters more.

And IMHO, the things you describe are reason to dislike the parents, not the children.

What's laughable here is the amount of people saying $35pp "fine dining". That's average decent meal price where I come from. Definitely not fine dining. There is no age rule for the steak house and if there was that would be a different story. Op knows her own child. If Carnival was really worried I guess they should have the babysitting start earlier.

Adults annoy me way more than any child would. We all weren't born as adults you know and op paid the same amount as everyone else taking the cruise.

It's not the cost, it's the atmosphere, service and quality of the food.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't a woman arrested last year for talking on her cell phone in the quiet car? I seem to remember other passengers were trying to get her to get off her phone and she got belligerent about it. So, she was arrested for her trouble.

Interesting!

I wonder if she will sue :)

I do wonder what her charges were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ signed The Awesome Gailerina

Archived