YAY... I'm now "Emerald" status

probably a daft question but here goes anyway......

we have next years west carib on freedom on hold till monday, the TA knows we are C&A members as we told her beforehand on the phone, does it make any difference telling her we are Emerald rather than Platinum or will RC already work this into the price for a balcony discount ?? never sure if we have to "ask" for it or if they do it automatically

wendy

x

Our cruise this year got us to Emerald. Big whoop right? LOL Well, to my surprise when I booked our next sailing with our TA using our Future Cruise Certificate (LOVE HER!) I saw the confirmation and didn't see ANY balcony discount. I went to the C&A page (with FCC) and, lo and behold, saw that we would be eligible now for $125 off, not the platinum $100. I sent her a screen shot to ask her to check on the discount being applied. The RCI agent she dealt with argued that we were only eligible for $100. She stated she had RCI proof of a screen shot we were eligible for the $125.

So, that said, have your TA ask and get you the discount you are entitled to.

Erika

we're Emerald now too!!

enough to turn others green with envy!! :D

Alison

I'm practically emerald green already :D

Just a mere Gold :o

Congrats, I'm on my way to your level (and beyond)!!

Our cruise this year got us to Emerald. Big whoop right? LOL Well, to my surprise when I booked our next sailing with our TA using our Future Cruise Certificate (LOVE HER!) I saw the confirmation and didn't see ANY balcony discount. I went to the C&A page (with FCC) and, lo and behold, saw that we would be eligible now for $125 off, not the platinum $100. I sent her a screen shot to ask her to check on the discount being applied. The RCI agent she dealt with argued that we were only eligible for $100. She stated she had RCI proof of a screen shot we were eligible for the $125.

So, that said, have your TA ask and get you the discount you are entitled to.

Erika

Yes, good job there getting what you are entitled to! Just a note that even if you are Platinum when you book, if you turn Emerald before the cruise they will update the balcony discount. I booked on board while platinum and they increased the discount after I got back home since we had just made Emerald on that cruise. But you need to make the request!

We will become Emerald members while we are on our TA cruise- do we have to wait until our next cruise to get the benefits or will this happen while we are sailing? Should we notify guest services on the ship?

You'll have to wait until your next cruise.

Archived