Are there any age restrictions in restaurants on Epic?

Hi all! I am CBC so I don't have a lot of experience with dining with children (except that I typically don't want to sit near any :D ) so I need some input please. My nephew will be 2.5 when we sail. He's a good baby and my sister didn't have him until she was 41 so she doesn't have that 'MY child should be allowed to go anywhere and I don't care if he cries!' attitude you see so much. We do all love to eat out though so we would want to try most of the special places I think but my family especially likes meat/potatoes and Italian foods. I looked online but just saw pics and sample menus - no actual age restrictions.

So if anyone could point me in the direction of that info, I'd really appreciate it. I didn't have anything helpful come up in search. Also, if you could give me your opinion on whether there are some places that aren't really meant for little ones, I'd appreciate that too. :D

No age restrictions, but I would caution against Le Bistro as it's the most upscale specialty restaurant and aiming to be romantic. Cagney's and Moderno are a bit nicer than the others too, but not as formal as Le Bistro. You're free to do as you like though, just wanted to let you know the atmosphere for those restaurants.

There's another pretty long post out there right now about this very topic. Pretty heated at times.

Dining in the MDR's can take an hour or so and seem to try the ability of young ones. Cagney's and others can take as long as two hours for a meal, so take that into consideration. Most are ok with with the little ones until it becomes disruptive. Some/most feel they have paid extra for a "special" meal. Have fun.

Child care is available.

Oh thanks for responding so quick everyone! I have to say I'm in an interesting position here. I typically am for a no kids or quiet kids environment...so I think I might be one of the 'I paid for a special experience and don't want it disrupted by loud kids' poster if it weren't me posting lol. At the same time, I do understand people that want to have a special family meal too. I think we would expect the earliest dining time available so we would hopefully keep any annoyances to other guests to a minimum that way. I think Le Bistro sounds out for sure. I KNOW my family will want to try Cagney's though so I'll have to check dining times.

I just looked for that thread and can't find it! I hope it's not obnoxious but could someone link for me?

Archived