Jolly Roger in Barbados?

exercisemama

Has anyone on a RCL been on the Jolly Roger excursion in Barbados? My DH and I are in our 40's traveling without our kids, is this a good choice? Is there also time to do some shopping or lay on a beach? Thanks for any input.

You don't say how long your ship is in port, but I'd think you have time to do something either before or after. Keep in mind that the closest beach that has anything there is the Boatyard area. Having an excursion is rather time limiting for beach buming though. I'd forego the Jolly Roger as an excursion myself. I like to drink the rum punch like most but the crowd that will be on it, imo, is the louder, under 30 group. Not that I'm stodgy or anything but perhaps more refined in what I like. Whatever, I'm getting stodgy... ;) Seriously, though. If you want a loud excursion that will let you walk the plank after drinking as much as you can then this is the excursion for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I was so happy to see the Jolly Roger back. I went on it a looooooong time ago during Spring Break. That was the kind of folks I'm expecting when we go on it next March as well.

For me after all that sun n' fun I am too spent to go shopping.

Archived