I'm very irritated at NCL. Won't respond to Latitudes emails

sdmike

The only way to reach the Latitudes desk (according to NCL) is via email. Problem is, I have emailed them every other day for the last couple of weeks to solve a problem and have gotten ZERO response from anyone.

Hey NCL, get your stuff together, will you? Your biggest proponents and frequent cruisers are having trouble getting their problems solved, and it's pissing us off!

Edited by sdmike

Good luck Mike. I hope they contact you soon. If not maybe the PR rep will come on and set the wheels in motion.

It seriously ticks me when people don't get back to me, so I feel your pain.

Good luck Mike. I hope they contact you soon. If not maybe the PR rep will come on and set the wheels in motion.

It seriously ticks me when people don't get back to me, so I feel your pain.

Hope so too. That's why I posted it here. Clearly I'm a big NCL proponent, so having something like this - incompetence by an important group - really makes me rethink my company alliances. My urgency comes from the fact that if I go forward with my cruise in 13 days without this resolved, it will become much more tangled up.

Edited by sdmike

Hey Mike!!! I know your a tad upset. I think I saw something posted a while back that Latitudes was backed up and were saying about two week turn around for followup. Good luck!!! Try the phone???:D

Every phone attempt (various numbers, menu selections, departments) gets me to a dead end, with someone telling me the Latitudes Desk is email only. On NCL's website they list a number for the department, but it's actually the reservation number, and they can't do anything except seem surprised that I called them. It's stupid. Remove the phone number or have it really reach someone in latitudes

sense my frustration?

-Sigh-

Edited by sdmike

Hi Mike,

I received my response about 3 weeks after my inquiry. They did apologize and say they are running about 3 weeks behind. Fortunately, they were able to solve a problem I had from 2 years ago so I was happy with the results. Good luck!

You've tried email, you've tried telephone. Don't know if you have FB account but you might try putting a plea there. Might as well hit them from all sides.

At least a reply from NCL themselves as to what the hold up is or to give you an alternate way of reaching them.

Hi Mike,

I received my response about 3 weeks after my inquiry. They did apologize and say they are running about 3 weeks behind. Fortunately, they were able to solve a problem I had from 2 years ago so I was happy with the results. Good luck!

Thanks. Good to know. At least they could have an auto-response with that information. Hearing nothing is very frustrating. You don't know if they even got your information

Hi Mike,

I'm not really sure why you're so worried about your upcoming cruise. I know they've mixed up your wife's account with your son's, but is there something that is going to affect your cruise if it's not sorted before you leave?

Unless your wife has more cruises with NCL than you do and you'll miss out on her perks, your Latitudes level is all that matters. You'll both be able to go to the Latitudes parties, use the Latitudes check in, etc.

I'm just trying to help ease your stress, I do realize you're frustrated, I just wonder why you're so stressed about it, it's not good for you!

Hope you read this with the kindness I'm writing it with, I know sometimes it's hard to read inflection. :)

Hi Mike,

I'm not really sure why you're so worried about your upcoming cruise. I know they've mixed up your wife's account with your son's, but is there something that is going to affect your cruise if it's not sorted before you leave?

Unless your wife has more cruises with NCL than you do and you'll miss out on her perks, your Latitudes level is all that matters. You'll both be able to go to the Latitudes parties, use the Latitudes check in, etc.

I'm just trying to help ease your stress, I do realize you're frustrated, I just wonder why you're so stressed about it, it's not good for you!

Hope you read this with the kindness I'm writing it with, I know sometimes it's hard to read inflection. :)

No, I get it. I'm just worried about the impact of the screw up for the cruise and afterwards. It lists my teen son (underage) as the main person (adult) on the reservation, and my wife's latitude account doesn't have a status other than "prvs cruiser"... not bronze, silver, etc. I was just hoping to fix this so it's one less thing that can cause problems when I get to Seattle.

I guess my biggest irritation is how poor "customer service" is related to who are arguably NCL's best customer. If I treated my customers this way I wouldn't have many left. I really like NCL, and I was hoping they were better than that. :)

Edited by sdmike

No, I get it. I'm just worried about the impact of the screw up for the cruise and afterwards. It lists my teen son (underage) as the main person (adult) on the reservation, and my wife's latitude account doesn't have a status other than "prvs cruiser"... not bronze, silver, etc. I was just hoping to fix this so it's one less thing that can cause problems when I get to Seattle.

I guess my biggest irritation is how poor "customer service" is related to who are arguably NCL's best customer. If I treated my customers this way I wouldn't have many left. I really like NCL, and I was hoping they were better than that. :)

Same thing happened to us, and I was frantic to get it fixed before our cruise on 6/23...but after a few weeks, we hadn't heard anything from the latitudes dept. either. As far as your wife's previous cruiser status. Same thing happened with my husbands. Try logging in to NCL and have your wife make her own latitudes account. Even though my husband was given a latitudes number, it wasn't in effect until he logged in and made his own account. It fixed that problem the day before we sailed, and we discussed it with Sherry the cruise consultant when we were on the Gem. She looked at husbands updated status on her computer, and came through with his earned perks right there in her office.

However, the other problem with you minor child being the lead person on your reservation might take more dilegence.

~Michele

PS, the latitudes dept never contacted us!

You've tried email, you've tried telephone. Don't know if you have FB account but you might try putting a plea there. Might as well hit them from all sides.

At least a reply from NCL themselves as to what the hold up is or to give you an alternate way of reaching them.

Or Twitter:

@cruisenorwegian

@nclandy

I had the same problem, waited and waited, and never heard back. I was disappointed in the customer service too. An automated response that they are backed up would have been better than no response. I understand that delays can occur, but 3 weeks is a long time. I would lose my job if I waited 3+ weeks to respond to an email.

My frustration lead me to writing to Kevin Sheehan, someone from his office contacted me within 2 days. Really didn't like having to go to the top, but I didn't like feeling ignored. They were able to resolve my problem pretty quickly.

Hope you get your issue resolved soon.

Same thing happened to us, and I was frantic to get it fixed before our cruise on 6/23...but after a few weeks, we hadn't heard anything from the latitudes dept. either. As far as your wife's previous cruiser status. Same thing happened with my husbands. Try logging in to NCL and have your wife make her own latitudes account. Even though my husband was given a latitudes number, it wasn't in effect until he logged in and made his own account. It fixed that problem the day before we sailed, and we discussed it with Sherry the cruise consultant when we were on the Gem. She looked at husbands updated status on her computer, and came through with his earned perks right there in her office.

However, the other problem with you minor child being the lead person on your reservation might take more dilegence.

~Michele

PS, the latitudes dept never contacted us!

Interesting. She DOES have an NCL account, but it's got my son's name and latitudes number associated with it for some reason. That's part of the issue I'm trying to fix. Maybe if I call the online help desk and they switch it, it will take care of the Latitudes status.

I emailed them over 6 months ago about an error in my points, after resending the email about 4 times I just got an email back from them last week, they did correct my points.

No apology for taking so long to answer.

Interesting. She DOES have an NCL account, but it's got my son's name and latitudes number associated with it for some reason. That's part of the issue I'm trying to fix. Maybe if I call the online help desk and they switch it, it will take care of the Latitudes status.

Hi Mike, I do not think that is going to mess anything up upon your check-in. I have sailed with others who had no latitudes status (first time ncl) and their name appeared first on the reservation...did not make a difference. Please do not stress...there is an onboard latitudes consultant on every Norwegian ship/sailing. Even so, I hope you hear something before you leave on your trip...if not, then I think it still will not impact anything upon arrival. Take a minute onboard to meet him/her.

Oh...edited to include...I wonder if your son is a minor as the reason for the link to your wife's account? Do minors get their own independent number...or do they get it once they turn 18.

Coka

Edited by coka

I had a problem with obtaining my number and e-mailed them. After a few weeks I called them. Here is the information to contact them:

Latitudes - Loyalty Program 1.866.234.0292

Our Representatives would be happy to help you with the following:

• Look up your Latitudes number
  • Let you know what Latitudes tier you are in
  • Advise you about your Latitudes member benefits
  • Update your contact information

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise:D

I had a problem with obtaining my number and e-mailed them. After a few weeks I called them. Here is the information to contact them:

Latitudes - Loyalty Program 1.866.234.0292

Our Representatives would be happy to help you with the following:

• Look up your Latitudes number
  • Let you know what Latitudes tier you are in
  • Advise you about your Latitudes member benefits
  • Update your contact information

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise:D

That's the same number as reservations. I've tried there. Thanks though!

Edited by sdmike

I think customer service on all lines has gotten worse. If you just have a simple question and you have used a TA then the cruise line won't work with you. You have to call the TA.