Logistics help please...

DnR

We are flying into FLL on Dec. 22 for our cruise out of POM on the 23rd. There are 2 families - a group of 3 and a group of 2 - so 5 total.

I need to figure out how to get all of us from FLL to a Miami hotel, the hotel to POM, and then from POM to FLL on Dec. 30 for all 5 of us.

I keep reading all the threads, but get terribly confused. I've never used Hotwire or Priceline and have no idea how to discern what hotels they are talking about and where a good location would be. We would like a hotel that is within walking distance of some type of store to buy water and soda, and maybe a nice dinner. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean!

If anyone has ideas for me, I would greatly appreciate your help!

I've had to work out this same scenario before and I'm speaking from fond memories of how it's worked out for us and how I'd repeat it for myself:

1) SAS transportation from FLL to your Miami hotel. $15 a person (at least it was last time we used it). That way each family can pay for their own "grouping" and no worrying about dividing costs. Easy peasy and pleasant to deal with.

2) Miami hotel at Holiday Inn- Bayside or if you are able to get it on LMT, the Intercontinental. Both within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace. It's a touristy kind of shopping/dining area that should have something for pretty much everyone in your group. I love going here. Yes, there is a Hooters restaurant in my own hometown too...but something about sitting outdoors there really makes me happy. Near both hotels is also a CVS. You can pick up last minute essentials there.

3) Cab it ~ $10 or so to the POM cruise terminal. Cabs will be waiting outside the hotel for ya...just hop in.

4) Sob at the end of the cruise that it is over, but rest assured that SAS can pick you up at the cruise terminal again to take you to FLL.

Sigh....now I want to go!!!!! Trust me when I say this...I will do it just as I've spelled out above. The beauty of this board is that you will get a lot of various opinions to pick from. This was the scenario that worked out for me & the hubby- either just the two of us or as part of a group. No matter what you will have fun. Enjoy it!!:D

The above plan is good -- if you follow it you should also consider QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) for transportation. With 5 plus bags yo may need two cabs to get from your hotel to POM. You should also consider the Hyatt, Doubletree and Marriott when searching for downtown Miami hotels.

Another option is to stay near FLL, rent a van so that you can shop and dine where you want, and then return the van to the MIA airport car rental center -- National, Thrifty and Alamo offer free shuttles to POM. Use one of the shuttle services to get you back to FLL unless you have a late flight.

Good luck! :)

We are flying into FLL on Dec. 22 for our cruise out of POM on the 23rd. There are 2 families - a group of 3 and a group of 2 - so 5 total.

I need to figure out how to get all of us from FLL to a Miami hotel, the hotel to POM, and then from POM to FLL on Dec. 30 for all 5 of us.

I keep reading all the threads, but get terribly confused. I've never used Hotwire or Priceline and have no idea how to discern what hotels they are talking about and where a good location would be. We would like a hotel that is within walking distance of some type of store to buy water and soda, and maybe a nice dinner. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean!

If anyone has ideas for me, I would greatly appreciate your help!

DnR, here are a couple of hotels downtown Miami that are very close to Port of Miami that would work for you on your dates. I put info in for 2 rooms. Check these out then you can also call them for a better rate: 888-273-4266

InterContinental Miami

5Stars.gif

100 Chopin Plaza

Downtown Area

Miami FL 33131 USA

5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

Rooms:2

Room Type:Standard

Adult(s)/Child/ren:5/0

Check In: Dec 22, 2012

Check Out: Dec 23, 2012

LastMinuteTravel Club member Price:307.69 USDMember Discount:0.00 USDTaxes/Fees:40.00 USDTotal347.69 USD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyatt Regency at Miami Convention Center

4.5Stars.gif

400 South East Second Avenue

Downtown Area

Miami FL 33131-2197 USA

4.5-star hotel in Downtown Area/Miami

Rooms:2

Room Type:Standard

Adult(s)/Child/ren:5/0

Check In: Dec 22, 2012

Check Out: Dec 23, 2012

LastMinuteTravel Club member Price:256.41 USDMember Discount:0.00 USDTaxes/Fees:33.33 USDTotal289.74 USD

Archived