No more suites available?

Trvlr76

We are sailing on Constellation December 15 to the caribbean. It will be my first cruise with my husband, and his first cruise altogether. To "hook" him, I thought I'd book a sky suite. Unknowingly, we ended up with 6131, which I read has a really nice balcony. I don't know much about cruising, but thought I'd check often for any price drops to see about scoring a better rate. For a week now, I've seen that there are no suites available anymore, on any site. Is this normal for Celebrity or in general, for suites to sell out so early? I want to know for future bookings sake.

Thank you all! So looking forward to this break from life!

It happens, but near final payment some open up due to cancellations. Also, check with your TA as they can find available cabins sometimes that are not listed.

December is a very popular cruising time, so it's not surprising that suites are gone. Usually, the most and least expensive cabins go first. There might also be a large group or two on your cruise, or travel agents might have blocked a large number of cabins. Wait until final payments are due to see if anything opens up.

The old saying is that ships fill from the top and the bottom.

I use different strategies. On Princess, I book my favorite mini-suite and wait to see if any discounted suites show up at final payment time. This got us into a Vista Suite this year at a very nice rate.

On my upcoming Celebrity cruise, I simply booked the Penthouse two years in advance. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to sail in one of these giant rooms! :)

Trvlr76,

It was good to hear you were able to book 6131 on the Connie.

We, too, are booked in that cabin for a November cruise.

We're looking forward to hearing if anyone has any comments / photos about 6131!

We've read some really positive comments about 6145 and 6146 on this board, but very few on 6131!

If you count them all you will see that the M class ships just do not have all that many Sky Suites, so it is not surprising that they are booked up. I also think you said the cruise was this Dec? In the cruising world, that is not really considered that far out timewise. Many people book a year or more ahead of time. Since there are not that many Sky Suites, they go pretty fast.

Archived