Travel Channel - Great Cruises

quickfingers

Did anyone see the show on the Travel Channel - Great Cruises. They went on the RCL from Vancouver to Seward. They showed Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway. They showed a bit of each town and at least one excursion in each. I am just wondering if anyone else saw it and what they thought about the show.

The show has been on many times. Its a great overveiw of the highlights that one can expect to see an Alaskan cruise.

Everytime I see it, it just makes me more excited to go back to Alaska again!

I was going to see it but it was on at the same time as the finale of Amazing Race. :p

The finals of what??? (as you can tell, I'm not a fan of "reality" tv cause it's so fake.

As for the Alaska cruise shows-they're good, but I sure wish they'd update them. Been watching the same ones for several years now.

-Monte

Thanks, but I don't think I'd be amazed. It does sound better than Survivor (which is false advertising-how can it be "survivor" and no one ever got killed on it?)

LOL

-Monte

Monte:

Its an emmy award winning show. Its pretty realistic. Its just interesting for people who like to travel to watch it to see all these different spots all over the world. This season they went to 5 different continents, everwhere from Kenya to Chile to India to England. Its also interesting to see how people react to traveling together in a competition for 30+ days and manage to deal with airlines and travel and driving and eating strange food and performing local rituals, etc.

I guess its not for everyone.

To each his own, right?

I think reality shows are just the next generation game shows, that's all. Now you get to know the contestants over several weeks. Anyway, Amazing Race is a good one for those who like to travel (like on this board).

If it were any week but the finale, I would have watched the cruise show instead.

... As for the Alaska cruise shows-they're good, but I sure wish they'd update them. Been watching the same ones for several years now. -Monte

We have the VHS of Alaska that Princess used to send free with the information packet. I have watched it so many times!! Is it dated? Yes. Do I still dream when I watch it? Yes. Only 12 days to go ....

Archived