NCL EPIC - Embarking in Rome - Issues with Reservations

Yankee123

Does anyone know if NCL resolved the issues for those passengers embarking and disembarking in Rome on the EPIC.

I had read here, that cruisers who embarked on the EPIC form Rome, had lost their dinner, entertainment and spa reservations. A simple walk to customer service with your printed itinerary did resolve the issue(s) but it would be nice not to have to go through this.

I had also read about pictures being erased. For those cruisers who embarked from Rome, if they had signed up for the unlimited pictures packages (not quite sure what it is called), they were unable to get them, because the pictures were erased once they were docked in Barcelona. Has this been resolved.

Any one back from the Med on the EPIC, that did a round trip from Rome? Am I reading things incorrectly, or do these problems exist? May be these issues have been resolved.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I only got one response, and the thread kind of went away, I emailed NCL's social media. I got a response from them the next day. I also spoke to a lady from NCL today to address my concerns.

The answer I got from them regarding the lost, entertainment and spa reservations for all those boarding in Rome, were that they might have been incidents here and there, but she assured me that this was not the norm on the ship for all cruisers who boarded in Rome.

Regarding the pictures being erased when arriving in Barcelona, she mentioned that if that was the case, no one has reported this as a problem on the ship or to NCL directly. She told me that if I was concerned, I should speak to the Photo Gallery manager once I board to find out correctly what happens and how we can prevent it.

Hope this helps others.

Does anyone know if NCL resolved the issues for those passengers embarking and disembarking in Rome on the EPIC.

I had read here, that cruisers who embarked on the EPIC form Rome, had lost their dinner, entertainment and spa reservations. A simple walk to customer service with your printed itinerary did resolve the issue(s) but it would be nice not to have to go through this.

I had also read about pictures being erased. For those cruisers who embarked from Rome, if they had signed up for the unlimited pictures packages (not quite sure what it is called), they were unable to get them, because the pictures were erased once they were docked in Barcelona. Has this been resolved.

Any one back from the Med on the EPIC, that did a round trip from Rome? Am I reading things incorrectly, or do these problems exist? May be these issues have been resolved.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I did the Rome to Rome trip. No real problem with booking etc being lost. For the stops after Barcelona they do not apear on the in room TV system until my arival in Barcelona. The same thing for tour tickets that were need after Barcelona they were only delivered to my room the day I arived in Barcelona. When I asked about it was a computer limitation however none of the reservations were lost, just not visable.

Day 1 of the cruise is the day you leave Barcelona (that is when you get the lobster dinner in the main dinning room). The EPIC is a big ship and most passangers are sailing round-trip out of Spain; it makes it realy nice for check-in in Rome as it was very quick. If I was to do it again I would do Rome to Rome again.

I did the Rome to Rome trip. No real problem with booking etc being lost. For the stops after Barcelona they do not apear on the in room TV system until my arival in Barcelona. The same thing for tour tickets that were need after Barcelona they were only delivered to my room the day I arived in Barcelona. When I asked about it was a computer limitation however none of the reservations were lost, just not visable.

Day 1 of the cruise is the day you leave Barcelona (that is when you get the lobster dinner in the main dinning room). The EPIC is a big ship and most passangers are sailing round-trip out of Spain; it makes it realy nice for check-in in Rome as it was very quick. If I was to do it again I would do Rome to Rome again.

Thank you for the update. This actually puts my mind to ease.

Did you purchase any pictures? Did they remove all the pictures in Barcelona? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you for the update. This actually puts my mind to ease.

Did you purchase any pictures? Did they remove all the pictures in Barcelona? Any comments would be appreciated.

I did not do any of the ship based photos. I would expect if you talked to staff in the gallery they will find a way of making certain everything works out. I would just drop by before you arrive in Barcelona and talk to staff ensuring any of the photos on display you want are electronically tagged with your room number.

I don't remember if they had taken down the photos that are on the display walls in Barcelona or not.

Archived