Maui

Gem Lover

If we are off around 9:00 and did the drive you did, what time can we expect to be back to the main section of Maui?

Jim

Jim: if you are thinking about driving to Hana and beyond, you might want to Google

Maui Highway Route 340 and the comments about it on Travel Advisory.

If you are just going to drive to Hana and back, dependent on how many stops you make to take pictures, it should easily be 4 or so hours dependent on the weather.

Safe journey.

I would love to do a Valley Isle tour but there is no provisions for cruise ships that dock at 8 AM & leave at 5 PM. I have read about the Road to Hana & would love to do the tour, but I've tried a few sites on line and they all leave around 7 AM & return @ 6:30. I've looked into private limo and their prices are ridiculous.

Gail:)

We ran into the same exact problem with Maui, we didn't arrive early enough to the road to hana tours, not to mention, i wasn't all that sold on a 10 hour road tour as it was. We found a shorter Maui tour that in my opinion was a much better tour than the hana tours. our tour was around 5 hours long and covered some of the road to hana and we went up the haleakaela volcano. The tour was really social, there were other couples from our ship on the tour and we all had a fun day together. The wine tasting was good and the picnic lunch was very fresh.

i wrote a write up on tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60631-d3214956-Reviews-Taste_of_Maui_Island_Tours-Kahului_Maui_Hawaii.html

If you can't do a road to hana tour or you don't want such a long tour, i would suggest checking this one out, we loved it.

Archived