Norwegian Sun Deck plan question

clarkg

I'm confused, I have been on both the Sun and the Sky. I went CruiseDeckplans.com to look at the ships. They are suppose to be sister ships but when I pull up the Sky's deckplans, I see a observation lounge on deck 11. When I pull up the Sun's deckplans, I see cabins on deck 11 where the observation lounge used to be. I see an observation lounge on deck 12 but when I look at the pictures it shows a large open sundeck. I go on NCL.com but it has no deckplan on the Sun for deck 12 and deck 11 shows cabins. Some of the other websites show a an observation lounge on deck 12 and some don't. Does anyone have some pictures or know if there is an observation lounge at that point.

I love a good forward facing observation lounge, it would be a deal breaker if they don't have one.

Thanks.

They may be sister ships...though I didn't think so - always thought of Star and Sun as sister ships since they were christened at the same time even though they have very different layouts....but Sun definately has an observation lounge forward. The way it is drawn on the deck plan linked below is not exactly how it is. While there is a deck along the bow side of the Observation Lounge, the lounge itself is much larger than what is shown here. I suspect it would easily hold 300 or more.

They may be sister ships...though I didn't think so - always thought of Star and Sun as sister ships since they were christened at the same time even though they have very different layouts....but Sun definately has an observation lounge forward. The way it is drawn on the deck plan linked below is not exactly how it is. While there is a deck along the bow side of the Observation Lounge, the lounge itself is much larger than what is shown here. I suspect it would easily hold 300 or more.

The Star and Sun are not sister ships - that is, they are not in the same "class" of ships. The Star is a sister ship to the Dawn in the Libra class, and the Sun is a sister ship to the Sky in the Sky class.

Archived