Cost to book tour from Cabo dock?

harryfat1

Hi,

We will be in Cabo in two plus week on the Carnival Splendor on a last minute booked cruise with my wife and 2 boys. We have been to Cabo before and since the ship is scheduled to dock there for 2 days, we are looking for a tour to venture away from the main tourist area.

We are looking for a more sightseeing tour and I know there are many tour operators right at the dock, so just wondering if anyone has booked any sightseeing tours from the dock and what your cost/experience was from your tour?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

We will be in Cabo in two plus week on the Carnival Splendor on a last minute booked cruise with my wife and 2 boys. We have been to Cabo before and since the ship is scheduled to dock there for 2 days, we are looking for a tour to venture away from the main tourist area.

We are looking for a more sightseeing tour and I know there are many tour operators right at the dock, so just wondering if anyone has booked any sightseeing tours from the dock and what your cost/experience was from your tour?

Thanks in advance for your help.

We booked a taxi to take us on a sightseeing tour to San Jose Del Cabo, and it was very good.

The price will depend on you. You will need to get the prices of the ship tours and determine what you want to see, then work with the driver and come to an agreement on the price. They like to batrgain, but also need to feed their families.

Make sure you are clear, they do not dock there for two days. It's a tender port and Carnival does not anchor overnight. There is no requirement that you get back on the boat on the first night, but there is a risk they might no be able to return the second day (and this is the beginning of the hurricane season in that area).

Also, the first day in Cabo they usually issue tender stickers, so depending what time you get ready, there could be a delay getting of the boat. Second day is usually open tendering.

Make sure you are clear, they do not dock there for two days. It's a tender port and Carnival does not anchor overnight. There is no requirement that you get back on the boat on the first night, but there is a risk they might no be able to return the second day (and this is the beginning of the hurricane season in that area).

Also, the first day in Cabo they usually issue tender stickers, so depending what time you get ready, there could be a delay getting of the boat. Second day is usually open tendering.

Thanks for the note.

Yes, I am aware of the situation on the tender. I am just looking to hear anyone's expereince in using a dockside vendor for sightseeing so I know what's available ahead of time and not missing important in my arrrangement.

Day 1 will be beach day for us as the tender timing is tricky to make any tour and day 2 is where I am looking to do a land based private tour in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...
We booked a taxi to take us on a sightseeing tour to San Jose Del Cabo, and it was very good.

The price will depend on you. You will need to get the prices of the ship tours and determine what you want to see, then work with the driver and come to an agreement on the price. They like to batrgain, but also need to feed their families.

How much did you pay?

I've got a contact in Cabo I've used to arrange things beforehand. If you want, contact Eduardo Martinez at Blue Baja (bluebajaloscabos@hotmail.com). Let him know what you want to do and he can arrange it.

Enjoy

Russ

I would say to walk along the dock and ask a few vendors for their price. I've cruised to Cabo many, many times and it amazes me the different prices you will get for a tour. You definitely must not take the first price they offer you. If you have a price in mind for the tour you want to do, let the vendor know your price. If they say no, just keep walking. You might be surprised that they may follow you with an alternate price from their first price. If you are set in a price don't accept more. I can almost guarantee you, someone will meet your price.

• 2 weeks later...
I would say to walk along the dock and ask a few vendors for their price. I've cruised to Cabo many, many times and it amazes me the different prices you will get for a tour. You definitely must not take the first price they offer you. If you have a price in mind for the tour you want to do, let the vendor know your price. If they say no, just keep walking. You might be surprised that they may follow you with an alternate price from their first price. If you are set in a price don't accept more. I can almost guarantee you, someone will meet your price.

How much is resonable price for a tour around Carbo and then to San Jose del Cabo? Total tour time around 4 hrs...

Archived